Are cats as pets becoming more 'Manly man" acceptable?

Yeah, see, I would figure real MANLY MEN would prefer cats over dogs. Dogs, you gotta take care of allllll the tiiiime. They ALWAYS want you to PLAY with them and stuff. You can’t leave them over night, you have to make sure they don’t die eating their own shit, and they are just co-dependants.

Cats don’t give a shit. And they certainly don’t EAT it. That sounds WAY more manly than a weiner dog.
At least, these are some of the reasons I prefer cats over dogs.
But I’m a woman. And not a very manly one, either.
And now I have a puppy. This is MrTao’s fault.

I have a fish. Am I gay or straight?

A piranha. Why do you ask? Should I get a goldfish instead?

Depends. Do you like fishsticks?

(That works better spoken).

You’re right. A cat’s other purpose is to bite your feet while you’re sleeping, then run away like a jerk. I had a boyfriend who had a cat. God, I hated that little asshole.

Good answer. History is kinda gay anyway.

both cats and dogs are EXCELLENT but should not be compared. it’s like saying, which is better lasagna or ice cream?

cos, DUH, both are EXCELLENT.

I feel cranky, maybe I’d best go to bed.

No, but I like Depends.

Yet, cats can kill mice. And we all know how you feel about mice. Sooo… what does that make you? A super wimp?

I’ve had dogs all my life but my last one died not long after I got married. We decided that a puppy wouldn’t be the best mix with two small boys (toddler & baby) so I got a cat (about 6 months old when I got him). My wife had a cat already so we had some experience with them.

I have to say he’s a great little critter to have around. These days he beats up dogs that wander into our front yard :smiley:

I still love dogs & we’ll get another when the boys are older but until then the cats are great and love being around the boys.

Plus, they are funny as hell to watch playing together and messing around in the yard - we now have 4 cats (thanks to my wife, along with about 8 chickens who free-range in the yard and the cats just ignore).

I gotta ask, the boyfriend or the cat?

Yawn. The point was it’s absurd to pretend anyone rolls their eyes at a foofy little cat has fallen prey to post WWII conformity. Hell, when I was four years old, after my cat died I begged my dad for a dog because a dogs seemed to be a much cooler and fun pet to have. The cat just slept and ate all the time. I don’t think I had any awareness of stereotypes of prolonged bachelorhood being associated with homosexuality, or anything of the sort. I was just a little tiny girl and thought dogs were fun, and cats were lazy and boring.

Does this mean I get a cape?

rimshot Why both, of course.