Are COVID boosters annual now?

I wish we would send vaccine to countries where not everyone has had the opportunity to be fully vaccinated with a quality product yet, rather than just let them expire. It’s like pandemics are global and people are mobile, or something.

That would be too sensible.

We both got our second bivalent vaccine yesterday, no problems and no questions. But they did check to make sure the last one was at least four months ago (it was). It was the same old same old: an almost painless shot, and then the next day is spent feeling poopy and achy and tired. So we’re topped up until fall 2023.

I was deeply disappointed when I saw how fractured the global response was and has continued to be.

So naturally after being refused a booster, I caught covid. I’ve been sick for 9 days, nose and chest congestion, 102 fever, sleeping all day. Thanks, pharmacist.

I’m sorry it got you, squeegee. I hope you’re feeling better soon.

Thanks, Teela. Didn’t see your message until now.

Day 13 or so (unclear when I caught it, I’m using the first day my symptoms were bad enough for meds), still positive by Covid test. Sleeping all day, fighting moderate fever and congestion, watching my oximeter.

I’m getting less and less impressed with mRNA vaccines. I thought even with the new variants my quad-vaxed bod would fight this quicker with few symptoms. Neither seems to be the case, it’s both lingering and debilitating. I guess I haven’t been hospitalized, so that’s a plus. Perhaps unvaxxed I’d be dead.

Looks like there will be a new shot this fall, probably based on XBB