Are full-spectrum lightbulbs effective against vampires?

Cool deal, except that I happen to like some of the Elder Gods. Even hope to become one myself someday…

That is a good point. However, don’t you think you could use silver plated bullets for werewolves? Solid silver ones would be very expensive especially if you want to use them in a machine gun in case you stumble upon a whole herd of werewolves. Surely, their effectiveness is just due to surface area contact with vital organs. Solid silver ones aren’t much better for that.

If I knew for certain, silver plated ones are just as good, I wouldn’t feel guilty about selling them as self-defense projectiles and make a nice profit on something that is very cheap to make. However, if they aren’t effective against real werewolves, I could just see the product liability suits rolling in as the body count grows from a tragically failed defense.

A joke.
One of H.P. Lovecraft’s protagonist’s Silver John? Singing John? Defeated evil creatures by playing aguitar with silver strings.

Nah, this is one of those things I don’t want to screw around with. You get what you pay for.

It’s Silver John and not Lovecraft; it was Manley Wade Wellman. Good books, by the way.

Ah, thanks. I better come up with something else for the Elder gods, then. :slight_smile:

I suggest a bullet to the head. Not their head (?) silly, your head.

Well, it’s surely preferable to the alternatives, if faced with an Elder God.

Nah, just be pals with this guy.
Conan’s taken out plenty of those guys.

Actually, IIRC, they used the UV gun in Blade, UV bombs (and possibly grenades) in Blade II, and some concentrated UV-beam-built-into-a-bow thing in Blade Trinity.
(I am in no way proud that I can kinda remember these things.) :stuck_out_tongue:

So, what about laser beams? Do they have too narrow a spectrum to do any good?

You’d probably do better loading silver buckshot. Apparently there are some issues with casting and sizing silver bullets that are tricky, in that silver’s melting point is much higher than lead, and the finished product is much harder, soall the olds and paraphrenalia made for casting and sizing lead bullets won’t work so well.

Just don’t invite the damn vampire into your house, then it won’t be an issue. :slight_smile:

The trouble is those wall-hangings that say “Welcome to our humble home.” My poor sainted aunt hung one in her foyer. The next day we found her withered, bloodless body.