Are razors in apples and such a Halloween myth?

Why is that sad? I know a lot of kids from poorer neighborhoods get taken to other neighborhoods because it’s safer, but I thought that was fairly common/accepted?

Because it’s sad when you take your kids to a strange neighborhood and someone has baked cookies and you grab your kids and run because you don’t know that person. I’d like it if my kids got cookies from Mrs. Hucklebee at the end of the street, because I know she wouldn’t hurt my kids.

If you live in that unsafe of a neighborhood, well Chuckie Cheese is probably doing something for Halloween.

I don’t like seeing people caravan their kids to the rich neighborhood, because that’s where all the good stuff is. What are you teaching your kids?

I don’t understand the point. Did this happen? The complaint up-thread was that the neighbors were the ones running away – not bussed in outsiders.

In my experience, the Chuck E Cheeses in those neighborhoods are not that great either.

Well, I don’t know about taking your kids to a strange neighborhood and then running away from Mrs. Hucklebee…but I have heard about kids being taken to wealthier neighborhoods. What does it teach them? I’m not sure that it has to teach them anything. Only that isn’t it nicer that they get to go out and do something rather than just stay indoors and accept that they can’t go trick or treating? I’m not really into the whole trick or treating scene either way, so I don’t have a dog in this fight, but it wouldn’t really bother me to have kids from another town/area trick or treating where I live. More power to them.