Ask the guy in a perpetual state of readiness... for almost anything.

What about a first aid kit? I have an EMS-regulation first aid kit, plus an auto repair kit, plus a bag similar to yours in the back of my car. :stuck_out_tongue:

That is all fine and dandy, but are you ready for some football?

Being that prepared you know you’re going to be taken out by a random piece of rock that come hurtling down from space to hit you square on the head. Unless, do you wear a hard hat 24/7?

You aren’t ready for school. Where are your school supplies?

Drew Carey sticks a gun to your head and forces you to improvise a hoedown.

I don’t often go hiking, for a number of reasons.

It’s been a few years, before I turned 18 I think, and before I started taking an active role in my own well being.

I don’t have a portable generator. Other than the internet, TV and food storage, I don’t really use a lot of electricity to be honest. And in an emergency, I wouldn’t be so worried about any of those – especially considering the relative cost of refrigeration versus canning.

I do, and I am not.

I don’t ‘fret’ over anything, actually. And your statement is categorically incorrect, in that most smokers do not worry or fret over cancer, yet often get it.

I don’t know. A lot of it, I was able to assemble out of stuff I have in my house.

Frankly, I find myself using the kit more often than I’d expect. Need to tie something? Grab some rope and cut it. Need to fix something? Check the car, maybe something’ll be there to help. Need a tissue? Got it.

I’m child free, at the moment, so my car is fry free.

Deny it. And then get a paternity test to prove it.

The odds are nil of me fathering a child, at the moment.

Frequently. I also have one in every room, instead of one in the hallways, and one in the kitchen.

Frequently.

Do you need to kill someone, and then dispose of the body, or do you need to dispose of a body that’s already dead?

Or, would you prefer to keep them alive, and (relatively) unharmed, but under your control and out of public reach?

What are your resources?

The towel isn’t in the bag, because the towel should be carried, over the bag. In fact, I have three in my car.

I carry a Gerber Multitool in my right front pocket, always.

Tools aren’t difficult to make.

They’re dangerous, don’t underestimate them.

You and I have differing opinions on the reliability of others.

No.

There’s nothing I could put in my bag that would sufficiently reflect my current, and perpetual, readiness to rock.

Is it absolutely necessary for me to include the ridiculously obvious?

American or European?

I’m willing to die via meteorite.

I’m not in school, so there is is no need to be ready for this.

ETA:

I ask him if he sees that doughnut in the corner. He turns to look for it, I steal his gun.

So let me review. You’ve wrecked your car and your boat is at the bottom of a lake? Hmmm. I think I might have a heightened awareness of what might go wrong myself. :eek: :slight_smile:

I’m the luckiest unlucky person I know. Good preparedness has, repeatedly, made up for most bad situations Ive been in.

Indeed. I can think of a couple of things it appears caught you by surprise.

All you can do is be prepared, you cant predict the future.

If you could, you wouldn’t need to be prepared.

Hey! Look out!

There! Behind you!

Awesome! Can you be in Chicago in a week for a… ahem… perfectly safe experiment?

What do you mean by “almost any weather”? Because here in New England, an extra couple undershirts isn’t going to help you avoid wearing a coat in the winter.

I mean only well into winter am I uncomfortable for the amount of time I’d expect to caught outside without a winter coat.

Do you practice snaring critters for dinner?

How often do you change the condom in your wallet?

Are you prepared to perform a tracheotomy with your Gerber Multitool and drinkbox straw?

It seems to be that you are extremely poorly prepared. What if your car goes off the end of a pier into a lake with the all-electric windows up? You will need a spring-loaded nailset to shatter a window to escape. Do you have one of those in your emergency funbag?

Your lint & flint won’t be much use in that situation, you know.

Does you vehicle kit include tire chains, traction mats, shovel, and winch?

Does your winter vehicle kit include a thick closed cell foam pad, -35 sleeping bag, shovel, and wench?