Ask the Med Marijuana Patient

I’m glad you’re speaking out on this topic. If nothing else it will further the idea that pot isn’t quite the deadly social harm that the government would like us to believe. Making it legal and available (and taxable!) makes much more sense than waging an unwinnable and endless war which only puts the power in the hands of the real criminals.

That’s better than Denver. A municipal referendum passed last election legalizing possesion of less than one ounce. Yet Denver police still make arrests, and refer the case to the state for prosecution.

But the only case I have heard about going to prosecution was dropped in January:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/6215861/detail.html

Have there been more arrests and what were the outcomes?

-Tcat

Word.

Well, currently it’s not taxed via Sales Tax. Perhaps tax is built in to the pricing structure. Unknown.

From Tomcat’s article, it sounds like Denver has legalized posession of up to an ounce with no prescription at all? And they (SAFER) are probably going to get it on the ballot for statewide legalization?

I mean, maybe you can’t buy it stores yet, but…

Hmmm… I can make a living playing online poker from anywhere…

:insert head scratchy smiley:

Yes, and yes. They got enough signatures; the petition was approved by the Secretary of State this week.

Tomcat, honestly, I don’t know if they’re still making arrests. Perhaps they’re keeping quiet a change in policy.

Yes, but what if a person has personal objections to T3? Isn’t codeine in the opiate family? Another personal objection may be against pharmaceutical companies profiting on what they think is good for you, when that may not be the case. Not that MJ is superior to pharmaceutical drugs, but that doesn’t make them good for you just because Abbot Labs, Blue Cross, and the FDA say it’s okay. Of course, IANAD, and T3 may be a fine drug. I’m just giving an example of why someone may not think what the government tells you is the only way, when clearly MJ can be beneficial if it does in fact work for your ailment. And when there’s an objection to it, it must be questioned why someone would disagree. I need to know their motive for the objection. Because a lot of times it’s a misunderstanding of the drug and culture. Similiar to how an anti-gun person may object to guns, when in fact they’ve never even held, shot or handled a firearm. Now, I don’t put QtM in this category, and respect his decision to not expound on his opinion in this thread, but your average laymen, I feel, must be questioned before they start voting on these matters.

I actually do have a question for which I’d really appreciate an answer. If I’m not in San Francisco, how do I go about finding a medical marijuana friendly doctor? I’m afraid if I bring up the subject with my own doc, they’ll instantly label me a drug addict and that’ll cause all kinds of other problems. Is there someone who can offer recommendations or some central source for finding an appropriate MD? Largely it’s because I’m afraid of the stigma with my own doc, but also because I want to be sure I’m discussing it with a doctor who has done the research and can speak knowledgeably on the subject. I do use it recreationally, but I have a couple health issues which marijuana has greatly eased. One of these is intractable nausea.

First of all, you’re in California, right?

Without speaking for RSSchen, I think it was mentioned earlier in this this thread that they’ll give you a list of doctors, at the door.

I’m sure you can find such a list that extends via satellite as far as Cali does, if you have a legitimate need.

Not anymore, I’m now in Oregon–which is a “legal” state, for sure, and I’m in Eugene which is notoriously pot-friendly… but still I’m not sure who to ask.

I have a Northern and Central California listing in my hand. I do need to know your general vicinity. On further review, I also see a few listings for Southern CA.

The dispensaries typically have a list of doctors. The Co-Op declares openly that they cannot provide doctor recommendations. I also have a copy of the CA Proposition 215 Enforcement Guidelines.

If further discussion of the methods used is frowned upon, you can contact me via email rsschen at aol dot com. I can most certainly provide some info either here, publicly if Frank allows or privately. I’ll go whatever way isn’t gonna get anybody mad at me!

Ahh, Oregon. Information about Oregon is still forthcoming. I don’t see much in way of doctor referrals. You can probably find something by Googling.

Oregon is a starting point for you.

Good luck!

Thanks so much, I really appreciate it.

I’m confused about the difference between ‘malignant’ and ‘non malignant’ pain.

Anyone care to clear this up for me?

I’m imagining pain that could, or will, or might, kill you and pain that won’t. That can’t be right.

Sounds like a medical distinction and I’m not familiar with it, but I’d sure appreciate the learning if anyone feels like sharing.

Thanks.

I think this thread has about run its course. elbows, feel free to start a new thread with your question about pain definitions, if you like.

Thread closed.