Auto Insurance Question

FWIW for 15 years I did not own a car, as I had company cars. When I left that job, I had to buy a car and get insurance. I am very lucky as my agent is a close personal friend for 25+ years, and knows me and knows that I was driving a company car. It still took a copy of the company’s insurance card, and a letter from him to get me covered.
I can only guess what it would be like if I were dialing for dollars in the yellow pages.

She must live close to my dad. A epileptic neighbor was driving home, had a seizure, passed out, drove through a neighbor’s front yard (luckily his kids weren’t playing) and took out my dad’s car.

Neighbor’s family got mad at HIM for getting her driver’s license stripped. :rolleyes:

As for the OP I had the same issue in college. Charged me a reduced rate even though I wasn’t even within 150 miles of a car. I believe we could have stopped it but it involved sworn affidavits saying I wouldn’t drive the family car when in town, etc. It was ridiculous.

One additional thought – if your younger sister is already on the policy, the extra cost for your coverage may be relatively minimal.