Basketball hoops at the end of the driveway

This thread reminds me of the trouble I got into at a relative’s graduation party this weekend.

We were sitting around and were introduced to a couple who have 10 children. Someone asked me what I’d do if I had ten kids. I replied, “Cull”. A good half hour later the mom apparently asked someone what “cull” meant and they told her. I gots in trouble.:frowning:

Oh god. While you made me laugh, I could have told you never to say that in front of her. Although I’d be with you. “Go on kids, play in the road. Tell you what! I’ll install a basketball hoop for you.” :smiley:

furt, I don’t doubt you’re right, but falling out of trees or riding bikes madcap all over the place or even eating dirt seems like a necessary and normal part of childhood. Deliberately installing basketball hoops in the path of danger does not. It seems like a totally unneccesary risk.

Ah well, it’s not like I’m going to go down there and demand it be taken down. I just think it’s Not a Good Idea.

GAME ON!
:stuck_out_tongue:

I love kids playing in the neighborhood. It adds life to the place. If you want peace and quiet, move to the country. Empty streets and childless neighbourhoods are just sad.

You know, I hate when people totally misconstrue what I say. I never said I didn’t want kids playing in the neighborhood. Did I say that? All I said was that the freakin basketball hoops seemed a bit unwise to me.

I don’t want to move to the nasty country, anyway. I love where I live and don’t have any real complaints.

Is it within county code to concrete an Inground Basketball Goal at the edge of road?
My neighbors across the street just did this right across from my driveway. I am wondering if this is within code or not?:smack:

Ah, classic Larry.

I wonder if the B-ball boys in the neighborhood are still bothering Anaamika several years later?

Zombie basketball!!!