Bathroom sink gets repeatedly clogged. What to do?

I have used the foamy draino. I pour one chemical down (I put a piece of tape over the other side.)

Then I pour the other chemical down.

I run hot water and use a plunger.

This seems to work for a few months.

Sounds like my bathroom. A few years back, I had to replace the drain pipe and trap assembly (a hole was in the brass drain pipe). THe pipe had so much crud built up that the effective inside diameter was about that of a pencil. I scraped it all out with a paint stirrer, put it back together, and all is well. I reckon that the pipe had been there since about 1960, so not too bad.

This. Well a variant. I pull the j-trap & use an old toothbrush to scrub the gunk off the inside of the drain pipe, around the stopper & out of the j-trap. If you have a snake, insert in from the opening, which will give it another foot of reach.

Have you tried caustic soda [sodium hydroxide]? The crystals need to be carefully mixed with cold water first (always add the crystals to the water, never the other way round).

or remove it and leave it out. Some sink drains are smaller than others and no matter what you do the pop-up stopper will clog. I found this out after replacing all the drain pipe with long radius PVC connections. The sink still stopped up. Took out the stopper and it never clogged again.

Oh, and don’t use drain cleaner if you have iron pipe. It ate a 2" X 8" chunk out of my drain line. It was quite the adventure replacing it all.