Battlestar Galactica 1.12 — "Kobol's Last Gleaming (1)" (here there be spoilers)

Spoiler from the final final episode for those who really want to know about the arrow thing…

It’s a gen-ewe-ine actual physical arrow located on Caprica in a museum. The nuclear weapons are just a red herring. Like Communism.

And even if Kobol does point the way to Earth, that’s usless to them unless they find a way to lose the Cylons for good. I don’t think Earth would appreciate some long lost relatives showing up with three Basestars on their tail.

As an interesting side note, if you go to the scifi.com site and look at the deleted scenes for episode 108, there is a scene where they show that Leobon had a transponder.

I’ve found the deleted scenes to be very interesting and for me they add a lot to the storyline.

What’s interesting about the IFF transponders is, what are they transponding? The “friend” or the “foe” signal? If they’re transmitting “foe” then they can’t use them to sabotage the Basestar. OTOH, if they’re transmitting “friend” then isn’t the obvious question, why do they specifically not want to destroy the Galactica fleet?

It would be the same signal. “USA…USA…USA” would be friend to the US and foe to the other guys. :slight_smile:

I wish you guys would stop telling me how great the episode is. The episode is sitting there, all unwatched, on my hard drive, and you keep tempting me. I made the descision about ep 9 that I would stop watching them on a crappy 17" monitor with crap sound, and wait to watch it on a 35" screen in 5:1 surround, and then you have to taunt me, it’s tough being good.

Anyway, couple things. I think Helo is just an experiment, and the Cylons just figured they’d take advantage of a lucky circumstance. That or he’s got a more subtle Cylon/Baltar chip in him and it volunteered him to stay behind, he was close to Boomer, like Six/Baltar. Come to think of it, he gave his seat to Baltar. Does the chip in Baltar’s head effect others?

Remember in the miniseries there were a lot of people in that crowd trying to get on Boomer’s ship and be rescued. What happened to them? Are the Cylons running parallel experiments on others on Caprica? How many other people are alive on Caprica and being experimented on? The Cylons are occupying that planet for some reason, if it were empty wouldn’t they re-distribute the resources to tracking down Galactica? I think they are running many experiments trying to figure out what “human” is, the classic “machine wants to understand emotions” thing.

I also think humans and humanity play a very, very large part in the Cylons mythology/belief system, and that it is important for Helo to impregnate CapricaBoomer(or some other human/cylon couple, but we are seeing this couple not another). I bet there are other refugees on Caprica and elsewhere mating with boomerbots and sixes, etc(that otta get the fanboys going). Maybe, and this is wild speculation, it is a reverse Christ thing, where you must have mating, not any “immaculate” conception, and form a union between man and cylon, therefore no cloning or artificial insemination.

And I can’t believe i am the only one with a juvenile enough sense of humor to see this:

Athena, warrior goddess, huntress. I bet she’s a good shot, best shot around even.

So Apollo’s arrow fits into a receptacle in this warrior goddess’ temple, huh? Points the way to earth does it? I saw this weird connection the first time they mentioned Apollo the god, and wondered if they wouldn’t integrate this with Lee Adama’s nickname.

So Apollo’s “arrow” needs to throbbingly thrust into Starbu… er Athena’s “tomb?” Nah, you freudians.

Not necessarily too silly. Just perhaps impractical for a TV series.

If you think about it, perhaps it is what you think.

Apollo is so relieved that have Starbuck back that he finally gives in and does the squelchy with her. She gets pregnant.

Somehow, their child leads the way to Earth.

The only reason I think it’s not a good theory is, unless they’re going to do something either silly or stupid, I can’t see how a fetus/baby/pre-teen can lead them to Earth.

Anyone else think that Katee Sackhoff looks…disturblingly like McCaulay Culkin?

-Joe

Wait a sec, on the original series, wasn’t Athena Apollo’s sister?

Eww.

Yeah, and she had an on-again-off-again relationship with Starbuck, who was a guy. For the new show they’ve essentially merged Athena and Apollo into one character and changed Starbuck’s sex. Messes with your head.

Peter Griffen(putting together a crib): Insert Rod A into Slot B. That’s just…
Brian(Interrupting): If you say “That’s just what she said” one more time, I’m going to pound you!

Yeah, but who would have thought that the little Girl from V would save them all with her Magical Lizard powers.

Actually, that was pretty stupid.

Too silly? You’re basically saying you never saw Galactica 1980? Good for you! It never happened!

I think Starbuck will have a child with some angel or something like that and have a kid who glows and is a genius.

They would call him…

Dr. X or Q or something like that.

It never happened before!