"BBC viewers vent their anger at 'anti-US' bias of Iraq coverage"

The family of the bomber, despite their unpalatable views, aren’t mass-murdering terrorists. The bomber is, but he’s dead. The article gives four human stories, 3 of which are from Israelis. IMO, not showing a Palestinian opinion would be to indicate bias, or at the very least a dereliction of duty in educating the reader in the circumstances behind the outrage.

Furthermore, from a pro-Palestinian POV, it could be argued that every time an act of terrorism occurs in Israel, the BBC is being biased because it doesn’t explain the whole background and the reasons for the existence of terror groups (this complaint was in fact leveled at the remarkable documentary 7 Days in September), or every time Arial Sharon is interviewed, the BBC is giving a platform to a “mass-murderer”. These attitudes, too, I would disagree with.

Which is why it’s good to show as many opinions as possible.

We can agree on this! :slight_smile:

Basically, december, you are clearly uncomortable with any report that does not share your extremely biased opinion. There is nothing wrong with having such a biased opinion - you have every right to hold it.

But it isn’t right to wrongly accuse others of bias because they attempt to tread a more middle ground.

I don’t know why you continue to quote from the BBC, it clearly upsets you.

No doubt that’s why the BBC is always so kind to Ariel Sharon.:rolleyes:

The BBC has already been addressed, but I watch CNN every day and they do point out that Iraqis can not speak freely publicly. In fact, the Iraq correspondents are often asked what the Iraqi public thinks. Without exception that I can recall the correspondent will report on that and immediately follow up by saying “but in private” Iraqis say so-and-so.

I swear, some people just won’t be happy until CNN is as “Fair and Balanced” as FOX. :rolleyes:

And why CNN et al are so forgiving of the various non-terrorist freedom fighting organisations that the USA has funded worldwide in the past…not least the Taleban. By crikey, what a lovely set of lads they were…

Btw - for some reason I read BBC teletext (fast text, whatever) on TV in the morning, and there’s been more than one report there I’ve not found on their website. Just thought I’d mention that for MC MoC.

Sorry - that was for December, but rsa was first into posting.

Here’s a article about the War, censorship and CNN if anyone’s interested.

A new CNN system of ‘script approval’ suggests the Pentagon will have nothing to worry about By decembers favourite Britsh journo :smiley:

Yes, but they are not unfair to him either.