BCFD burned again by lowered hiring standards

And what I’m saying is that stupid shit happens to veterans, and stupid shit happens to newbies, and when you cherry pick your examples of incompetence, it doesn’t really speak to your credibility, bright eyes.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone more thoroughly pnwed than danceswithcats has been by mhendo in this thread. Well done, sir.

Thanks for the leet speak. You’re what-12? Go back to texting the other kids in middle school about Hannah Montana.

Lots of people get rejected. If you’re suggesting one of those persons was me, you’re wrong. I never applied to BCFD.

I knew at the outset that I’d never be able to convince you folks that what’s going on in Baltimore’s Fire Department is a fucking mess with no winners. Since the Sun hasn’t done any follow up, here’s a lengthy article published last week by LA Weekly regarding hiring practices and females. No doubt someone will claim that things are different in Baltimore.

From the above linked article:

I know that our unwillingness to accept your unfounded assertions must be frustrating, but i’m afraid it’s not going to change.

Also, contrary to your implication that i don’t want to hear the bad news, i would be very interested in knowing about far-reaching structural and procedural problem in the BCFD. Anyone who lives in Baltimore knows that plenty of this city’s institutions are plagued by lack of funding, petty politics, backstabbing, and corruption. As i said earlier, in the thread, the problems with the city’s property inspection people are legion, and the Baltimore CityPaper did a multi-part expose of the department last year.

I would not be especially surprised to learn that the BCFD has problems. I’m also opposed to hiring firefighters—of whatever race or ethnicity or gender—who cannot physically do the job. I think that is a Bad Thing.

But if you continue to assert that a group of disparate events somehow adds up to an indictment of the changed hiring practices of 2004, you’re going to have to provide more evidence that just your say-so if you want people to take your argument seriously. Given how ill-considered and evidence-free and analysis-impoverished your rants often are, i won’t hold my breath.

Now that’s a resume-booster! I don’t know whose club danceswithcats is trying to join, but he’s willing to post a thread against BCFD’s attempts to increase African-American presence in the department and offer as evidence (belatedly, after everything else gets easily shot from under him) an article about LA’s inability to graduate women from its fire academy because of the physical requirements. I tells ya, folks, If you really want to be accepted by all the wrong people, demonstrate your willingness to appear not merely stupid and hateful, but actually pitiful in the anti-affirmative action cause. Why else would he include a quote which explicitly says that the one success story, SF, “pads” the statistics with woman paramedics, who have an easier time of things physically, when the person involved in the Baltimore story (the one he was originally pushing, remember?) was training to be…a paramedic.

Nobody is willing to look this stupid and obstinate unless it’s some sort of hazing ritual. If danceswithcats, seemed ordinarily to be a nice or decent or intelligent person, you might even feel sorry for him, until you realized from the crap he’s willing to say what circle he’s bidding to join.

Gee-a FDNY Deputy Chief writes about the same thing

And i’ve already stated, unequivocally, that if firefighter applicants cannot pass the tests, and cannot perform up to standard on the physical tests, then they should not become firefighters.

Not a single word of that article, nor of your own “analysis” in this thread, supports your OP’s claim, which was that the discovery of a single drug-dealing firefighter constitutes evidence that changed hiring practices have “burned” the Baltimore City Fire Department.

There are some interesting points raised in the FDNY Deputy Chief’s letter. There are issues there that are important, and that deserve rational debate. Unfortunately, you’re the last person i’m interested in discussing them with, because you’ve shown yourself incapable of anything but bile and stupidity.

This is just so cool of danceswithcats. When you’re losing an argument about the Baltimore Fire Department’s attempts to increase black membership, and you’ve just been raked over the coals for the fact that your evidence doesn’t come anywhere close to supporting your thesis, and then (eventually, after harsh reality finally penetrates) you try again with an article about a different city’s fire department facing a completely different problem, and get thumped between the eyes again for that, and then you trump your adversaries with yet another (unlinked this time, because who needs to get caught again?) letter to the editor about yet another city about yet another fire department’s problems, which problems still have nothing to do with your OP, you have probably passed the last test and are now the proud second-in-line-to-the-mimeograph-operator’s-assistant for your local bigoted idiot club. There aren’t many who would pretend to be a complete moron in front of so many people for so long for such a limited return. So, congratulations.

Anyhow, thanks to the dunce for providing a long, dull, unattributed and unqualified indictment of the FDNY’s testing process which does not even begin to support the dunce’s argument. At least it keeps the OP’s ignorance in plain view. I’ve often thought bigoted ignorance should not be allowed to run down the SDMB’s drain just because some dunce of an OP jumped ship. At last we have a poster arrogant and desperate enough to keep himself onstage long enough for innocent bystanders to realize that he’s not the hero, he’s the clown.