Benton's Mother (ER) - Other series with plotlines that drag the series down

I didn’t care for the plotline on Psych in which Juliet found out that Shawn Spencer was faking being a psychic. As a viewer, I knew he was faking it, so I assumed that the characters did as well. Also, the whole Yin-Yang thing was boring.

Any story involving Faith killed BTVS dead for me. Lord, she was annoying and her storyline was crap.

The best thing about Eric LaSalle on ER was: every time he appeared on screen, I get to break out into song. “Just let your soooooul glo.” (From Coming to America). He will always be the Soul Glo guy to me. Always.

Right now, on NCIS-LA, Kenzi is off in Afghanistan or someplace similar, with only Granger and sporadic contact with her usual team. It’s becoming excruciating.

they’ve done this as a way of dealing with the actor’s pregnancy, but I am soooo ready for Kenzi to be back in town.

I’ve actually enjoyed many of the substitute partners for Deeks, I just don’t like the misery that Kenzi’s being put through. And the amount of reruns from Christmas through the present, makes it even more tortuous.

Evil Zack on Bones. The series hasn’t been the same since. (They are adding another flunky of the week in the next episode. Egad.)

The appearance of just about any member of Daphne’s family on Frasier was enough to make me reach for the remote. Not only unfunny, but teeth-grinding annoying.

The mountain lion was a better actor. But Cuthbert was nice eye candy in a series that had some of the ugliest women ever.

Star Trek Voyager was the worst ST franchise highlighted by Janeway’s holodeck as a governess to two brats. Should have had her as the mystery solving wife of an absent minded, badly dressed, cigar smoking detective in the 1970s. After all, Picard played a Sam Spade type character in 1941

From what I understand, the acting troupe story arc was supposed to be going somewhere but was a victim of HBO’s unexpected cancellation of the series. When they finally heard for sure they were cancelled, they already had about half of the 3rd season in the can so they had to spend the last few episodes hurriedly tying up all the other story arcs, but it was too late to go back and just expunge the acting troupe altogether.

Same here. I couldn’t stand any of the Q episodes. They just seemed pointless and I didn’t find them entertaining at all.

The entire plotline in Suits on USA Network about how Mike Ross never attended Harvard Law School and was never admitted to the bar is like a bomb that would end the show if revealed. Most of the major characters (at least those who actually are lawyers) would be disbarred, disgraced and probably jailed; the firm itself would be sued out of existence by its clients.

I thought of another one. I generally love Veronica Mars, but I was never interested at all in the storylines involving the family of Irish criminals, Kendall Casablancas, etc.

In the first couple of seasons of Barney Miller, the theoretical idea of the show was that it would be split between Miller’s work life and his home life. Barbara Barrie was cast as his wife and Michael Tessier and Anne Wyndham were cast as his children.

The problem soon emerged that there was no balance between the work scenes and the home scenes. All the interesting scenes were the ones at the police station. A lot of times the home scenes were just Miller telling his wife about something that happened at work. The home scenes were reduced and by the third season they had disappeared.

Benton’s mother on ER was very, very real for me, but not when the series was running. My own mother developed Alzheimer’s and one year when I was making my yearly visit to see her (she lived in Los Angeles, and I live in Kansas), she greeted me with, “Your name is ‘Bob’? That’s such a nice name.” And then she stretched out her hand to shake mine.

At that moment, the scene from the ER episode where Benton’s mother introduces herself to him and comments that his name is nice flashed through my mind. So, maybe the storyline dragged down ER a bit, but it was so very, painfully true.

A whole lot more believable than all the disasters that happened to the doctors and nurses at that hospital.

The Opera House nonsense that went no where on Battlestar Galactica.

Every plotline that didn’t include Dexter or Deb on Dexter

I have to say, I’m really kind of surprised to see Q getting a place in this thread. I always liked seeing him come around. I thought that he injected a much-needed dose of impishness into a group of incorrigibly upstanding characters.

That wouldn’t work. Maybe if she changed her name? But, Kate (Janeway) sure does love a mystery!