Best...Futurama...EVER!!! (SPOILERS)

I like how Mellvar is the ultimate annoying trekkie, and his mom lets everyone know he’s thirty-four years old.

“Yeah, I guess I could move out of my parents’ basement and get a temp job . . .”

cough close to home? cough

Zapp: One beep for yes, two beeps for no. Fry, are you guilty? Yes or no?
Fry: beep beep
Zapp: A double yes!

Tee hee hee hee hee.

CaptMurdock: Yes, I noticed. That was a nice touch.

Leela and Kirk fighting and of course it descending into a makeout session…classic Kirk.

Shatner singing…“how do you do spoken word on a rap song?”

Bill Shatner has become more and more one of my favorite character actors for his self depreciating humor. It seems everytime he’s on, his sly digs on himself are the funniest thing.

“We experienced pain. In Season 3 I had to kiss Bill”

Gosh, Eve, I knew you were a nonconformist, but this is going a bit far. It’s okay if you think Mumy is better than Weaton, but remember they didn’t have a resident whiz-kid on The Original Series. They also had different bad guys every episode, rather than carrying one with them from planet to planet.

He didn’t want to do the musical Star Trek reunion shows back in the 2200s.

Favorite gag not yet mentioned:

WELCOME TO NAZI-PLANET-EPISODE LAND
FORMERLY GERMANY

I thought it was hilarious. at least now i know i’ll be killed by being thrown into a volcano and not old age or anything.

Bwahahaha! mobo85, that was as funny as any of the gags on the show.

James Doohan has been in poor health lately; he was hospitalized with pnuemonia in February, and was probably unavailable to do the voiceovers.

And sadly, DeForest Kelley is in even poorer health…

Man. I would have loved to hear him perform again.

That was one of the gags from the show.

Yeah, yeah, I know. I just expected an answer as to why James Doohan wasn’t participating.

Funny.

The “fan script” was hysterical because it’s typical of badly-written fan fiction; the author puts himself/herself into the story as the one who saves the ship and/or is the object of adoration by the established characters.

It was funny to find out that Koenig “hates” Star Trek but they missed a chance to do at least one “Bester” joke.

Shatner: “And when I directed Star Trek V, I got such great work from myself because I respect myself so very much.”

My favorite line was from Melllvar “You’re not acting hard enough!”

Aside from the Space: 1999 Eagle, the ship the Star Trek heads crashed in looked rather familiar too. It wasn’t the Salvage I from the short-lived show of the same name starring Andy Griffith, was it?

Naw, FOX has already bought enough episodes already to last until 2004, assuming they keep running these half-assed 12 episode seasons. We’ve got at least two more years, and FOX could still restart production if the rating really pick up between then and now.

Tell them about the Star Trek Wars.

That’s when all the Star Wars fans packed up and left?

No, that was the Star Wars Trek.

:smiley:

Only problem: After exposure working on a great show, all of the writers and animators will surely get other jobs before Fox gets around to restart production.

I’ll never understand the Fox broadcasting company, try as I might. They’ll air absolutely anything - Cops, animals attacking, rookie sluts becoming professional sluts (that Playboy thing), and on and on…