Best movie end credits sequences

I love the closing credits for the Zucker-Zucker-Abrams movies. They started small, with one joke in Kentucky Fried Movie, where they say the credits are “in order of appearance”, and ythey blatantly aren’t. They started piling on the jokes in their next, Airplane!

(Airplane II copied this, even though it wasn’t done by them

)

They continued it with Top Secret!
They continued it with the **Naked Gun ** movies, I which some actors are credited by the line of dialogue they spoke (which actually seems pretty rational)

Gremlins 2: The New Batch has wonderful closing credits, with animated Daffy Duck and Porky fighting and commenting

A truly wonderful set of closing credits was done for A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=youtube+closing+credits+a+funny+thing+happened+on+the+way+to+the+forum&qpvt=youtube+closing+credits+a+funny+thing+happened+on+the+way+to+the+forum&view=detail&mid=F0561E4E9A45FCFCA178F0561E4E9A45FCFCA178&&FORM=VDRVRV

This was made back in the 1960s, when there were more often than not no closing credits at all. If there were, it was usually no more than a cast listing. AFTHotWttF actually had a very lengthy set of animated credits, done in the style of Roman Wall paintings and mosaics, and not only credited the cast, but also the crew, and which is filled with clever bits and jokes throughout. And it’s long – 2:17. That doesn’t seem long today, but it was pretty long back then. I don’t recall anything as long at the end until 2001: A Space Odyssey in 1968, which played the entire Blue Danube, even though that actually ran longher than the credits they had (so at the end it’s playing over a black screen)

Actually, there’s an even better set of animated closing credits. The 1956 movie Around the World in Eighty Days has a LONG animated closing credit sequence that credits every cameo appearance scene by scene. It runs 11 minutes, and the animation is GREAT

But what it really spectacular was that the credits, like the whole movie, was in the ultra-wide-screen Todd-AO system that wrapped around like modern-day IMAX projection. Unless you saw the film in its heyday at a theater outfitted with Todd-AO systems (like the Rialto in New York City), you haven’t really seen the film. I was lucky enough to catch it there.

Krazy Kredits: I like looking at the list of “Production Babies” tacked on the end of Disney/Pixar CG films. Which is why I saw this disclaimer in the last moments of the closing credits for Frozen:

I like that a huge chunk of the closing credits of the original Tron consists of the names of the Taiwanese artists who had to do all the tracing and inking* for the film, rendered in Chinese with no translation or transliteration. It’s like watching several minutes of calligraphy in glowing computer-green.

*(Even though the film was “computer animated” in a sense, technology hadn’t advanced enough to have it all rendered out solely by computers, at least within a reasonable time frame. The images were shaped and designed on computer, but an awful lot of it was colored by hand.)

One class of end credit funniness I love is the “rights dislaimers” at the end. The first film I can recall playing with this was Monty Python and the Holy Grail (which actually did it at the beginning, since there were no closing credits.

Airplane did it next. After the “Characters and incidents portrayed…” disclaimer they say “So There!”

At the end of the original Robocop (1987), they say

I actually caught this the first time I saw it in the theater – I’m a compulsive credit-reader.

There are also a lot of jokes where the films play with the “No animals were harmed in the making of this picture”, but I’m not going to go into that here.

[quote=“neofishboy, post:8, topic:808457”]

I had a big, goofy grin on my face all throughout the Spider-Man: Homecoming credits. Spoiler Alert: Link contains the last scene of the film, which is key because the transition is great.

[/QUOTE]

It would have been so much better had they used this Ramones tune.

I would swear I saw some “children’s” movie that showed the closing credits over a wall of old-fashioned advertisements, with a few jokes mixed in that only adults would get. One of them was for Laudanum, which was described as “soothing”. I thought it was The Pirates: Band of Mistfits, but now I don’t think so. Anyone else catch that?

There’s a similar device at the end of MASH*. The camp PA, which has been announcing what movies would be showing, describes the one we’ve just seen.

Actually, if you haven’t eleven minutes to spare, the last four is simply the Exit Music card. I wonder if, like the opening credits, they were by the legendary Saul Bass. Five years ago Google Doodles had a tribute on his 93rd birthday and this was the last of the ones featured. I started a short-livid thread about it.

I rather like the credits for Wreck-It Ralph, showing the evolution of gaming graphics as well as the characters goofing around.

Ditto for Big Hero Six in the [del]comics[/del] graphic novel world.

The end credits for The Proposal. If you haven’t seen it, the movie has Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds almost entering a sham marriage for immigration purposes, and then at the end pursuing a genuine marriage. The end credits feature a suspicious USCIS agent interviewing them along with their family and friends to determine whether the whole thing is legit or not. The interview questions and answers are hilarious.

Both the opening and end credits were by Saul Bass

The end credits to some Pixar movies feature fake bloopers. I loved the way Buzz got increasingly annoyed with Woody’s on-set practical jokes, or Monsters Inc where the a line of scarers walk in slow-mo one of them trips and the whole line goes down.

My favourite is still Ferris Bueller. “You’re still here? It’s over. Go home… Go.”

Didn’t Animal do that first, in the Muppet Movie?

The original, 1960 version of Ocean’s Eleven.

As Frank, Dino, Sammy, and the other Rat Packers’ names come into view on the Sands marquee, it’s strangely comforting to be reassured that the hard luck they’ve experienced is just a movie.

The Blues Brothers \Jailhouse Rock. I was laughing so hard it took me forever to walk to the car. Best ending credits ever.

Jonathan Demme’s Something Wild closed out with Sister Carol singing “Wild Thing.” That struck me as a really good way to end it.