Biggest comebacks with x:xx remaining?

L.A. Kings in the playoffs had a great comeback. They call it The Miracle On Manchester

Speaking of which, that’s Jay Williams scoring the first eight points for Duke in that run againts Maryland.

Greg Lemond in the 1989 Tour de France was behind by 50 seconds on the last stage to the leader Laurent Fignon. In an amazing time trial ride he beat Fignon by 58 seconds, in one of the fastest legs ever ridden in the Tour.

Ireland v. Germany in Japan during the 2002 World Cup. Ireland were down by 1 and had been the better side in the second half. Deep into injury time, Finnan to Quinn to Keane who blasts it past Kahn.

Amazing result. The Germans looked stunned. I can still remember Ballack’s face. He didn’t know where he was.

This gets my vote. It was an astonishing effort - he made up a time deficit widely thought to be about twice what should have been possible, and thus won the closest Tour ever.

Another great and famous World Series comeback – bottom of the tenth, two outs, nobody on, team down by two runs and only one strike away from losing the series.

<snip>

Then the ball goes between Buckner’s legs!

Not a record and not “last minute” but last year LSU (at home!) was losing to Troy 31-3 more than halfway through the 3rd quarter. Came back to win.

Tennis: a 34-year old Jimmy Connors down 1-6, 1-6, 1-4 to Michael Pernfors comes back in the third set to force a tiebreaker and win 7-5. And then goes on to win the match in 5 sets. I was never a tennis nut or anything but loved watching Connors. I remember watching this match on TV. Connors was absolutely amazing.

Speaking of which, future (at the time) Dukie John Scheyer scored 21 points in 75 seconds in a high school game his senior year. It wasn’t enough to win the game, however.

If we’re gonna go there…

2004 ALCS - Sox are down 3 games to 0, down by one run in the 9th inning against the best closer in baseball. Dave Roberts on first, stolen base, base hit scores him, then walk off win in the 12th. They didn’t lose another game that season. Can you believe it?

Along similar lines, every Tar Heel knows about Eight in Seventeen against dook in 1974, where the Heels scored 8 points in 17 seconds to tie the game, send it in to OT and then win it. And this was before the three point shot.

Interseting facts about these two:

1. The quarterback for the Terps was Frank Reich, who coincidentally replaced Jim Kelly (out from an injury I think) and led the Bills in that 32 point comeback against Houston in the AFC playoffs.

2. The UNC-dook (that’s how it’s spelled by all true Tar Heel fans d-o-o-k) game was in 1974.

Proving yet again that said fans’ sense of humor got stuck in the third grade and never got loose.

I assumed UNC fans just can’t spell.

Which is ev en more remarkable considering how strong Edmonton was and how bad the Kings were. I think it was a 2 team league and the Oilers finished first in points and the Kings finished 16th.

Not far behind is the Stunner at Staples which I was lucky enough to attend.

Symptom of too much time spent on the Internet: the last word in the quoted sentence looked misspelled to me at first.

Yeah I was watching that game with a few family members at my grandma’s house. What a blast!

Too bad the next round was a flop. :frowning:

FA Cup (soccer) game in England 2004.

Manchester City at Spurs. City won only one of last 18 games. A team in turmoil.

One… two… three goals down at half time. Must be all over. Things can’t get worse.

…except their best striker had an injury and was substituted. Then they had a player sent off. So down to 10 men. No chance.

Unbelievably, they managed to come back and score four times in the second half without reply to win 4-3 in normal time.

Best English soccer come back ever.

got beat in the next round, mind