BioShock.

I rather liked the vehicle sequences in HL2. The first time I played, the Route Kanal got my heart rate up like nothing else!

Ok, I’ve been very busy but promised myself an hour of BioShock tonight. I’m still running around in the medical section.

The sounds of the Big Daddys is much better on speakers rather than headphones. But I don’t have a great audio set-up, so it’s easier for me to tell where things are directionally if its piped right into my ears.

Above I bitched about Doom 3, where the lights would go off and you’d be attacked. Well, it just happened. And I thought, eccchhh… here we go. But it was actually kind of fun. Getting the shotgun right before that happened kinda made it ok.

I ended up turning the video settings down. It’s sooooopretty, but I had a hard time getting a bead on the bad guys.*

Another impression I have is that there’s not much decision making vis a vis the powerups. You find 'em, you get 'em. That may be a little lame…maybe not. We will see.

Not sure how I feel about the logs, yet. Some are really good, but it seems like a lot of them don’t add that much. Perhaps it will all come together in the end.

I really want to like this game…but it’s not drawing me in as I expected it to. There’s a lot of ‘oh, neat!’ We’ll see if it’s enough to keep me interested.

Like I said, dial back your expectations by about 10 notches, and you’ll like it just fine. Don’t expect a lot of options or choices, and don’t think of it as an RPG at all.