Bizarre Celebrity Relatives

Brian Keith’s step-mother was (briefly) aviation pioneer Peg Entwistle.

I guess it’s common knowlege by now that Liv Tyler’s dad is Steven Tyler of Aerosmith.

And whose mother was it that invented Wite-Out? I’ve heard this about Tom Hanks, Michael Nesmith and a few other celebraties.

Michael Nesmith

Interesting side note about Liv Tyler: she was raised as Liv Rundgren, and thought that Todd Rundgren was her father. I have heard that she noticed the physical resemblence to Steven and questioned her mother, but that sounds too Hollyweird to be true. Then again, it might be.

One celebrity past-marriage that surprised me: Faye Dunaway and Peter Wolf (of the J. Geils Band.)

Well, now, that’s wacky!

“aviation pioneer”–I get it.

BTW, speaking of Peg, many years ago I climbed to the top of the “D” on the Hollywood sign. I don’t think you can get away with crap like that anymore.

Sigourney Weaver was the niece of the late Doodles Weaver, vocalist with Spike Jones and his City Slickers.

Alma Gluck, famous operatic singer of the early 20th century, is Stephanie Zimbalist’s grandmother and of course Efrem Zimbalist Jr.'s mother.

Sissy Spacek’s husband, Jack Fisk, has a sister named Mary who was David Lynch’s second wife. Spacek reportedly helped Lynch finance Eraserhead, and years later he cast her in The Straight Story.

Lyle Lovett’s uncle is Calvin Klein. I can’t find out anywhere if he’s that Calvin Klein, though.

Sigourney Weaver’s father, Sylvester Weaver, was the programming head of NBC in the 40s and 50s. He developed shows like The Tonight Show and Today. Prior to this, he had been the advertising manager at American Tobacco Company.

Spike Jonze is Sophia Coppola’s husband, so he enters that whole Coppola clan.

All these connection make me want to play Celebrity Relatives and Their Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon

He’s not. Just has the same name.

Camille Keaton, star of the infamous Day of the Woman, aka I Spit On Your Grave is the grandniece of Buster Keaton.

Mia Farrow is the daughter of Maureen O’Sullivan, Jane in the MGM Tarzan films. O’Sullivan’s last film appearance was with her daughter in Woody Allen’s Hannah and Her Sisters.

Carrie Fisher is the daughter of Debbie Reynolds (The Unsinkable Molly Brown, Singing in the Rain) and Eddie Fisher

And Charley Weaver (most noted for being on “Hollywood Squares” , is Roseanna, Patricia and and David Arquette’s grandfather.

Well, sure, but could he gargle to the tune of the William Tell Overture?

Warren Buffet and Jimmy Buffet are cousins. I’m not sure if they are 1st cousins, though.

According to Todd Fisher (Carrie’s brother, Debbie’s son), Debbie Reynolds was the lover of Agnes Moorehead for quite a few years as well. (Why any woman would make love to Agnes Moorehead when they’re already friends with studmuffin Rip Taylor is beyond me…)

The twins who played Adam on BEWITCHED are the illegitimate sons of Tony Curtis (though they didn’t know it til they were grown).
Cite:http://www.bewitched.net/adam.htm

A major twist in Gore Vidal’s novel BURR was the revelation that

Martin Van Buren was the illegitimate son of Aaron Burr

though no mainstream historian shares that view.

An incredible number of the kings and queens of England have been related to each other, so much so that an investigation for practices of nepotism and hiring discrimination could be launched.

The Herodian dynasty was so inbred that the oldest son of Salome (of “seven veils”/“one Baptist platter, hold the spine” fame) was the grandson, great grandson, and great-great grandson of Herod the Great. That the family didn’t have tails and a blowhole by this time is incredible, but quite to the contrary their women were noted for their beauty (unlike the also very inbred Cleopatra VII, who was noted for her sexual talents but not her looks).

I know everyone probably knows this, but Doodle Weaver’s band leader Spike Jones is a totally different person from Sofia Coppola’s husband Spike Jonze.

An obscuree but a goodee: Boris Karloff (born William Henry Pratt) was the nephew of Anna Owens (better known as Anna Leonowens), author of “Anna and the King of Siam”, upon which “The King and I” and “Anna and the King”. His first-cousin was the father of Quentin Crisp (Denis Pratt), henna entrepreneur and nude bureaucrat.