Book of Daniel: Closed

Well, it wasn’t on long enough for me to remember the names of the characters, but let me throw a line out there that had me laughing hard.
The gay son was being raped by a young lady in the back of a car. She was tearing at his clothing, while he was flailing his arms and protesting…being gay, and all…and said the following (or as close as I remember):
Will you stop! What if someone comes!
and she said…
I sure hope so!
:smiley:

No fun-poking that I could see. It was like any other sitcom or dramedy except that the dad worked in a church.

I didn’t see them as hypocritical. Mom wasn’t chairing the Temperance League, daughter wasn’t doing D.A.R.E. commercials, horny son wasn’t picketing Planned Parenthood – that would have made them hypocrites.

This is such a mischaracterization of the series. The son wasn’t promiscuous. He had a steady girlfriend with whom he was sexually active, but was not shown to be active with more than one partner. The daughter was busted in the first episode for dealing, but it was a temporary thing to raise money. She was hardly a hardcore dealer.

Because there’s only one way that Jesus could possibly deal with anyone. One approach will work with everyone exactly the same.

Fuck the AFA.

I’m sorry to see the show go. It was the only show on TV I was going out of my way to see. I liked all the characters, it was interesting to see how the situations were resolving. My interest was accidental, I happened to see the Pilot and got intrigued. I wonder if it gets a final episode tonight, or if it’s just gone.

I haven’t had a chance to see it, but when I first read about it I thought it sounded like a funny dark comedy. But from what I’ve heard it’s not a comedy? That does sound kind of lame if it’s totally serious.

It’s a comedy in the same way that Desperate Housewives is a comedy.

I’ll really miss it – not only did I enjoy the show as entertainment, but it was extremely pleasing to see a version of Christianity presented in the mainstream media that’s close to my own (Presby USA: at my home church, the female choir director is married to the female secretary, and the pastor’s family comes to our home every year after the Christmas Eve service for carols and beer). Plus, I’m not going to lie, Aidan Quinn in the priest’s outfit was definitely a motivating factor. :slight_smile:

AFA chalking its cancellation up in the “victory” column really hacks my cheese, too.

Sometimes, I think that there is nothing the fundamentalist leaders won’t do to make God seem as hideous as possible. I liked the show, and I really liked the Jesus.

When I heard that Focus on the Family or whoever had successfully got the show banned somewhere, I really wanted to see it. Plus, I’d like to see a show with a gay character in it. I don’t know why exactly.

I always kept forgetting to check what time it was on, and then I missed it. Oops.

It is my fault it got cancelled…see, I put it in my DVR cue just last week and before I even got to see one episode, I read it was cancelled. I jinxed it.

Sorry guys.

To make up for it, how about I start taping Dancing With The Stars?

NO WAY, my friend! Lisa and Louie TO THE TOP!

Does Adam Carolla still have a show? That would be okay to take down. :slight_smile: