Border Agent arrested for serial murder: Trump pardons him in....what, 90 days? Less?

I just start playing with my pardon, and when you’re President they just let you!

“Suicide.” Not that I greatly care if it wasn’t wholly his idea.

Why would Trump pardon a shitbag CBP agent who liked to kill prostitutes? Oh, and I’m willing to guess that he’s got a lot more than 5 bodies on his conscience.

But seriously, why would it occur to you that Trump would pardon someone like this?

Because Trump is the Nexus of Evil, not just a twittering jackass.

Update: He says his motive was to commit suicide by cop.

I just have no words.

It looks to me like, in the Carol Anne Bond case, that the federal nexus was not the treaty, but the mail theft.

Ooops. My bad. Just re-read your post. :smack:

Not disagreeing, but putting this out there:
UCMJ Article 118.

Nope. The mail theft was the predicate for the tampering with the mail charge. But the poison substance was introduced to the car muffler, and had nothing to do with the mail, and the indictment alleged a violation of 18 U.S.C. § 229(a)(1) for “possessing and using a chemical weapon,” and separately charged two counts of mail theft, in violation of 18 U.S.C. § 1708. The acts related to the chemical use had no connection to the mail theft.

I’m waiting to see what Inspector Harry Callahan has to say about it :smiley:

A Trump pardon didn’t occur to me. This guy can’t do anything for Trump. And so, in the Trumpy world view, he doesn’t even exist.