Botticelli - Sep 2013

Interesting. Assuming my Google search can be trusted, not only has this individual never been the subject of an SDMB Botticelli game, but he’s never been the subject of an IQ, either.

IQ1: Are you a fictional character created by another fictional character who based yet another fictional character on himself in books that are published in the real world?
(Yeah, that one’s a doozy, but it was fun.)
IQ2: Are you a member of the RCMP?
IQ3: Are you a TV character derived from a comic character with a different first name, but the same anger management issues?

Huh?
Not Dudley Do-Right.
Take another DQ.
Prof Pepperwinkle, Elendil’s Heir and Draelin have three unasked DQs each.

Derek Storm, created by Richard Castle (from the tv series Castle), who publishes a book every year right around the start of the season (with a thinly-veiled version of himself named “Rook” as one of the main characters).

David Banner, from the Incredible Hulk tv series.

And I don’t have a reserved DQ, so I’m down to two. :slight_smile: However, I don’t want to take the last slot without a better idea of what we’re looking at … soooo, any ideas, anybody?

Yep, but I just hosted the three previous rounds. If you look at my last answers, maybe you can win the bronze star.

A lot of the pieces seem very pulpy - early twentieth century, a recurring hero, fantastical elements without a fantastical focus, and I’m no good on pulps. I keep thinking of Edgar Rice Burroughs, but neither Tarzan nor John Carter have the right letter.

Clarence Darrow - one of his less rational criteria for selecting jurors
Daphne Moon on Frasier
John Darling

I can’t figure out who this guy is. Someone else can ask DQ #20, if they like, from my earned ones.

DQ: Movie win an Oscar?

Are you sure you want to ask that, in view of #14?

That’s about where I’m stuck, too. I already have a feeling I’m going to kick myself when we get the answer, but my brain is completely hung up on mysteries and sci-fi and I just can’t seem to get past it.

IQ: Were you an American pulp novel writer whose lead character was surrounded by a coterie of athletic geniuses, and was the at least partial inspiration for Superman, Batman and Buckaroo Banzai? Or am I superamalgamated?

Hmmm.

IQ:

Were you an adventure hero whose first name was a shortened form of a professional title?

Plenty of commercial duds win Oscars! :rolleyes:

Do they? I’ve never really paid attention…

D

1. Fictional
  2. Male
  3. Last name does not start with D
  4. American
  5. From literature
  6. Creator was American
  7. First appearance was not after 1950
  8. Main character in my story
  9. Adult
  10. Appeared in more than one work
  11. Was turned into a movie
  12. Did not first appear in a novel
  13. Considered a “good guy”
  14. Movie not considered a box-office hit
  15. There are mysterious events, but not normally considered to be a mystery (or series of mysteries)
  16. The majority of my appearances are/were not in comic-book form
  17. There are SF and paranormal aspects to some of the tales, but overall not part of a fantasy, sci-fi, or paranormal genre
  18. First appeared after 1900
  19. Birthplace unknown; primary residence is not south of the Mason-Dixon Line
  20. Movie did not win an Oscar

Not Lester Dent.

Well, since I can’t think of anyone else who fits that description,
I guess I’ll have to admit that I am
Dr Clark Savage, Jr
(commonly known as Doc Savage).

Cute, Prof… 8)

Huh. I didn’t even notice that… at least not consciously.

Congrats, SCAdian!

And, of course, the Prof’s comment about winning “the bronze star” is a reference to Doc Savage’s nickname, The Man of Bronze.