Brake pad replacement and frozen fucking solid caliper slide pins

Thanks. I never shopped for brake caliper grease before. Now I know.

This crap design is great if you live in the desert or dry areas. One little leak or crack in the pin boot will allow moisture in but not out freezing the pins eventually. This issue plagued me on my 94 Caprice with rear disks (calipers made in Australia) and my 03 Elantra GT. They should go back to the old designs which worked(Asian and American manufacturers used to use this design) where the pins float in the rubber bushings or they simply float in the caliper brackets on looser fitting pins without boots.

My BMW has Allen heads on the pins which were fine on 3 wheels but my front left lower pin broke 4 Allen drivers. I ended up using pb blaster, a hammer and heat to get it out. All the new pins got nickel anti seize and brake lube where needed.

One reason why dual piston disc brakes are better. seriously, how much more would it cost to have dual piston brakes? Maybe $5.00/car?

Uric acid !! Dog pee, it’s a theory anyway ! Cars parked with the nearside wheels to the kerb are a favourite with our canine friends. Cheers M.