"Breaking Bad" pet peeve - does this bother anyone else?

I’m usually so engrossed from shot 1 onward, that I only notice the first couple before it turns into white noise.

I don’t even mind them when they do appear minutes later. It also has a small psychological effect that feels the show’s just starting. Had you asked me before this thread how long into the program the opening credits go on for, I would’ve said a couple minutes.

Anyhow, they’ve never bothered me (sometimes I do like to catch which element(s) they use for a name though).

What I’m watching doesn’t have commercials but does have the “previously on AMC’s breaking bad” segments, which I think are part of the show in terms of run time.

You may have jumped the gun, because there are large pauses in displaying the credits and you concluded that was the last of them, but in 5.04 “Directed by Rian Johnson” is the last credit at 10:30. Skyler just finished staring at a stack of money on her bathroom counter as Walt talks to her. That’s 10:30 starting from the beginning of the episode, not the start of the credit sequence. Since they started at 4:53, that’s 5 minutes 37 seconds over which the credits appear.

I’m not sure how you’re getting your numbers.

Rerun last night’s episode and check out what they did in the second scene (post-tarantula, in Hank’s office) when Walt was searching his memory trying to remember Peter’s last name.

OK, so you’re right about the long breaks. I have the iTunes version though, which doesn’t have a “previously on” segment. On that version, the “Directed by” credit fades out by 10:02. So I guess you’ve got about 30 extra seconds of catch-up footage.

Yes.

YeTiCuS Rex

Certainly not, in the episode I watched last night (Season 5, episode 2) the last credit (“Written by Vince Gilligan”) ends at 14:09.

I just wish the show had a catchy theme song that explained the premise.

… that’s the way they all became the Breaking Bunch!

Just sit right back and you’ll hear a tale, a tale of a fateful trip, That started from this desert town, aboard this crystal ship. The mate was a mighty cookin’ man, the chemist brave and sure. They both set sail that day for a three cook tour. A three cook tour…

Duplicate post

*Uno, dos, tres, cuatro, cinco, seis.
Sclemeel, schlemazel, Heisenberg incorporated.
They’re gonna do it!

Give em any chance, they’ll take it.
Give em a law, they’ll break it.
They’re gonna make their meth turn blue.
Doin’ it Walt’s way.

Nothin’s gonna turn them back now,
Straight ahead and in the lab now.
They’re gonna make their meth turn blue,
Doin’ it Walt’s way.

There is nothing Walt won’t try,
Never heard the word despicable.
This time there’s no Gus making a fuss!
DEA’s clueless.

On your mark, get set, and cook now,
Got a plan, a train, a psycho.
They’re gonna make their meth turn blue.
And they’ll do it Walt’s way, or Mike’s way.
Make a lot meth turn blue,
Maybe do it Jesse’s way, yes Jesse’s way,
Shit, all their plans turned blue!
Todd fucked em up the wazoo…
…Bitch!*

Now this is the story all about how
My life got flipped, turned upside down
And I’d like to take a minute, just sit there and see
I’ll tell you how I became the meth prince of a town called Albuquerque

I never noticed. Unfortunately, after reading the OP, I will start noticing.

So no one told you cooking meth would be this way…

*New boy in the neighborhood,
His meth is blue and it’s, pretty good.
He’s there just to make some quick moneeeey
To provide for his family.

Walt’s in charge
Of Jesse
And of Mike

Walt’s in charge
Of the cooks
And train heists*