Bricker the troll

Hey Bricker, welcome to the dog house. You’ve made your opponents sad and disappointed. They thought so much better of you, but now their eyes have been opened.

Next they’ll be making up funny names for you, and when you make a good point in a thread they’ll claim that it’s all null and void because you were such a naughty poster in the ACORN thread that nothing you say can ever be trusted again.

This is the preferred way in which the SDMB Lefty sticks his head in the sand and goes, 'lalalalalalala…" In between exhortations that they belong to the ‘reality based community’, of course.

Perhaps he was thinking of Young Political Majors, aka YPM. You know who they are, right? I’m sure the “MSM” must be covering them as thoroughly as they are ACORN, especially since we pesky Leftist Liberals control the media.

What? No clue? Ever heard of Mark Jacoby then? No, huh?

Ok, I’ll fill you in. Last summer, California Republican Party Chairman Ron Nehring, along with the Republican State Insurance Commissioner Steve Poizner, offered up $5.00 for every newly registered Republican. The California Republican Party in San Bernardino County then hired the firm, Young Political Majors, run by Mark Jacoby, to come to town and head up their registration drive.

Mr. Jacoby and his team of lying slugs, created a fake petition that purported to support keeping child molesters behind bars. When they got people to agree to sign the petition, they also had them sign a line at the bottom that was supposedly to verify their signature. Lo and Behold, that line at the bottom was really the bottom line of a blank voter registration card, which Jacoby’s cretins then filled in with the name and address information from the “petition” and marked the box for Republican.

They submitted in the neighborhood of 75,000 bogus registration cards in this manner. And thousands upon thousands of registered Democrats unwittingly had their registration changed to Republican. It’s a practice called, “slamming”, and it isn’t the first time Mr. Jacoby was caught pulling this crap.

That was in 2004, and they were still at it in 2008.

Of course these were real people who were fraudulently registered, not imaginary registrants like “Mickey Mouse.” And their registration cards were turned in as if they were legitimate, as opposed to those flagged by ACORN for further inspection as potentially fraudulent. But what do the Republicans care? It was their hired pieces of filth doing it, so shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Sam Stone I’ve been wanting to tell you this for a while. You’re a fucking moron, and it’s not because of which side you argue for. It’s because you post stuff like this post right here, and argue like a fucking a moron.

Get over your persecution complex and grow a pair.

Bitter, much?

Bricker’s not the one who stated flatly, “Seven billion dollars was supposed to go to ACORN,” of the stimulus bill. (Here.) Nor is he the one who then corrected the figure to $4.19 billion. Nor is he the one who, in the same paragraph, then happened to mention that the money was intended to go to “groups like ACORN”, not just ACORN. In fairness, you included a cite that made it clear that the money was really intended to “be allocated by a competition for which eligible entities shall be States, units of general local government, and nonprofit entities or consortia of nonprofit entities.” (Here.)

Fortunately, I’ve never thought better of you.

Well Sam Stone (martyr, Alberta), I guess your response could always be to simply post inaccurate stuff about, for example, Canadian health care, and then when someone corrects your misinterpretation, simply fade away…

Perfection is a pretty high bar. If you have noted, zero illegal votes. Zero is pretty good don’t you think. Then ACORN flags any possible fraudulent registrations they suspect. What more did you want them to do? They were never hiding bad registrations. It was obviously not ACORN policy to make fraudulent registrations.
Were the bankers and financiers held to such a standard. They actually did real damage.

The accusation of trolling is completely unfair to trolls. Bricker is intellectually dishonest. Bricker is to rhetorical fraud as Bernie Madoff is to Ponzi schemes. I’ve known that since last year’s little dust-up over the nasty Obama-bots. (Sam Stone being regular strength Ponzi, wronging lefts from North of the Border.)

Jacoby has pled guilty to charges related to that, apparently for registering himself twice to be a petition collector, if that helps.

Do you have any information on how the larger issues, in either Florida or California, turned out? I can’t find any.

…(is frantically trying to remember if she filled out a voter registration at the Tampa campus last year, or the Post Office…)…

Well I certainly didn’t sign any petitions, so I guess I’m safe.

Bricker, that was one of the best demonstrations of batting big, brown, innocent eyes as I’ve ever seen! By the time you were done, I was thinking that next to you, Heidi was a slut! I was getting out my hanky when it occurred to me… How come you didn’t mention it over in the original?

OK, you were compelled to answer, so you came up with this droll, tongue-in-cheek parody. Never dreaming, of course, that anyone might be so stupid as to take you at face value. (…bat, bat, bat… little dash of wet puppy shivering in the rain…)

But called on it, you dropped a curt bit of snark about “OK, then. ACORN has no problems at all. I’m sure they’ll get along just fine.”, and flounce away, taking care not to drag the hem of your communion dress on the floor. But you didn’t give us the innocent explanation then.

Why was that?

Because it was obvious to anyone whose brain cell has divided?

Given the good Esq.'s historical tendency to parse just about any sort of revelation of mendacity, immorality, or bad faith on the part of conservative politicians, media figures, or organizations in the most strict legalistic terms possible, this sentence made me LOL.

No charges have been filed in California yet. Last I heard there were ongoing investigations in Florida, Massachusetts and Arizona. He was a defendant in a civil rights suit in Arizona last year, but I don’t know how that resolved.

And unlike ACORN, where all the “Mickey Mouses” don’t ever actually show up to try to vote, thereby causing no actual damage to the election process, these schmucks have been responsible for voter initiatives not getting on the ballots due to in inadequate number of valid signatures being submitted.

Well, I got a lot of faults, Frank, its a long damn list, but “stupid” ain’t on it. And your opinion on the issue just doesn’t much matter.

By the way, still waiting on the cite, as asked, above.

College hi-jinks, Shayna. Those wild college kids with their propeller beanies and federal crimes…

Bricker were you a cop in the 70s or am I thinking of someone else?

Ahem, 'luci, ssssshhhhhhhhhh.

I was wondering if anyone else had noticed that. I had did a little double take the first time I read it.

And seeing as it was high-ranking Republicans that attempted to suborn US attorneys for partisan gain in elections, oughtn’t we be considering disbanding the Republican Party?

Or is that trivial in comparsion to the gross violations committed by ACORN?

Evidence suggests that “partisan beyond all the bounds of good reason and common sense” is, however. Just like, for instance, Alberto Gonzales.

I’m completely bewildered as to why the defense of ACORN is treated as Holy Writ by you and yours. Organizations come and go. ACORN has no special reason why they should be treated with kid gloves. If they’ve fucked up to the point that they’re useless and can’t serve their purpose any more, then - fuck it - throw them to the wolves and start something new.

You’re acting just like a Republican. Protesting and resisting change until the only thing holding you on to the edge of the cliff is your toenails and your remarkable ability to avoid facts.

Not quite seconded, or I wouldn’t be bothering to respond to you, but damn near seconded.

What request of a cite? I appear to have missed it.