Bush Administration Claims Terrorists May Poison Prescription Drugs from Canada

Keep this up and they’ll say you’re doing tricks with ponies.

Wait. That’s not right.

They’ll say you’re a trick pony. Which really would be interesting as I’d assume that makes you a limited shape shifter.

That’s still not right. :smack:

Eh… regardless, they’ll say something about you being a pony we all want to do tricks with. Or be tricks for, or something…

I don’t know what annoys me more, that this Administration thinks I’m gullible enough to believe this transparently bogus bullshit, or that there are actual voters out there who will believe this transparently bogus bullshit.

And this just in… Terrorist Alert Level raised to - "Vote Republican"

How much does that pony charge an hour anyway? :eek:

And in case someone brings it up, he noted that the drug companies marketing expenses and profits are significantly greater than the R&D expenses. Also, most of the basic breakthroughs come from government funded research anyway. And that the drug sector was the most profitable over the last number of years I don’t remember.

And spooje - companies usually donate to both parties, just in case. But it’s another reason to vote for Kerry - despite donations from special interests, he’s still advocating what is right for the country.

[sings]

How much is that pony in the window?
The one with the waggly… um… yeah…

[/sings]

Not to gloat, but we classical liberals have known that all along. Example:

http://www.cato.org/pubs/pas/pa-235.html

Well of course he’s advocating, he’s trying to get elected. Once in office, the special interests win.

I reckon that’s either French or Commie words.

Git a rope!

-Joe, proud owner of a tree

Maybe.

Probably.

But we know the guy in there right now isn’t going to do shit about it.

The guy hoping to get in there says he’ll do something about it.

Will he? I doubt it. But there’s a better chance of it than there is with the guy currently in office.

-Joe, vague

We’re better with a bottle of water in office.

Yet in our own country there are crooked pharmacists and distributors replacing sought after prescription narcotics with drugs that are less expensive and sometimes result in patients dying. AFAIK, Canadian prescription drugs are safer due to tighter pharmaceutical regulations.

Looks like he might change his mind. (flip flop if he was a dem :rolleyes: )

“Bush mulls importing prescription drugs”

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/08/18/bush.drugs/index.html

Personally, I’d like a lifesized cardboard cutout of Spiderman - wouldn’t need to pay it and the photo ops would be better.

Domestic, of course.

Definitely not Evian, that’s French! :eek:

"Freedom" Bottled Water: Enough grit to make John Wayne Proud

Sam

And of course “Freedom” water is later exposed to simply be Jersey tap water.

Nah, think “Love Canal”. :smiley:

It’s not Democrats or Republicans making the donations. It’s lobbyists. They don’t have a party affiliation, because they’re prostitutes - they give to both parties (in order to make sure both sides feel indebted to them) but they always disproportionately support the side they expect the most support from. I couldn’t say what the pharmaceutical trade PAC does with their money here in Michigan, but most lobbying organizations give to both sides.

If Republicans are receiving more of the money, it’s probably because they expect them to be more supportive of their lobbying goals, and thus want to help them win their races. In this case, clearly the pharmaceutical industry feels it has more friends in the Republican party.

Incidentally, the Democrats in our state legislature have been outspoken in support of importation of prescription drugs. Just sayin’.

Quick! Does someone have the e-mail address for the Department of Homeland Security’s Chicken Little Directorate? I need to report the possibility of terrorists buying advertising time and poisoning our minds with television commercials!

The time is at hand! Man the ramparts! Ram the manparts! Advertising must be destroyed now, ere advertising destroys us!