"Bush Quotes" Veracity

Just a WAG, but I bet you believe that out right lies do not make a President unfit if he sounds good while speaking to the public:rolleyes:

I harbor no doubt because I know for a fact that W actually said a bunch of incredibly stupid things. And, no, the fact that the OP misquoted his source doesn’t affect the credibility of the source.

I understand you’re a lawyer, but this isn’t a trial and W’s inability to communicate in his own native language is so well documented it isn’t even in question. Could the source be wrong? Sure. Is it likely? No. I consider it “beyond reasonable doubt”, to put it in legal terms.

Since I happen to know that the one (mis)quote the OP included is real (More and more of our imports come from overseas."—Campaign speach, Beaverton, Ore., Sep. 25, 2000) is real, I have no reason to doubt the others are, as well. I’m aware that quotes are often mis-attributed, but in W’s case, why bother?

Apparently, it’s the same in Arkansas. :wink:

Davebear, was there some part of “we’re not going to have a political discussion here” that was too difficult to understand?

We’re done here.