Bye, Opal

Oh shit, she and I have chatted many times. I am so sorry to hear this, and hope the family has a chance to see the and receive all our condolences.

Oh My GOD!

Opal?!

Damn, I just don’t know what to say. I always liked her, very sad day. :frowning:

You always find the words, etv78.

Well, crap. If anyone finds out what happened, please do share. My condolences to her friends and family, and to little Dominic who probably isn’t so little anymore…

Therapeutic virtual bubblewrap popping, anyone? :frowning:

Edited to add: my favorite self portrait of hers. Damn, she struggled with that thing, remember?

This is such a shock, and my heart goes out to her loved ones.

That’s awful news.

Back before I joined the SDMB, I put together a website for the local running club. One of the Misc. links was Opal’s bubblewrap.

RIP Opal.

That’s horrible.

wow. her poor kid.

Aw, jeez.

Bye, Opal. You’ll be missed.

It’s hard to imagine this place without Opal. I don’t think I ever interacted with her directly, but she was omnipresent.

This is terrible news. I was wondering what happened to her just a couple of days ago. I liked her as a person and admired her artwork. Like another poster said, she seemed to be embarking on a new and better life. My condolences to her family and son. She will be missed.

Holy shit, that’s awful. Ugh, I referred to her in a snarky way in a pit thread today, I feel terrible about that.

I’ve used that picture of her as my wallpaper on and off for a long time.

This is awful, few people I’ve never met have I felt as though I knew so well.

What a loss, for her son, for her friends and for the world at large. We need more Opals.

Damn. Opalcat was an integral part of this board from way back- not sure if newbies will ever know to what extent. I had wondered how she was doing lately. She was not forgotten and will not be.

Her poor family. How old is her son?

Oh good grief, what awful news! RIP, OpalCat. :frowning:

What terrible news! I literally was thinking of her today and wondering what she was up to. :frowning:

Terrible news. I’m so heartsick for her family.

Very sad news indeed.