Can a Trump supporter explain to me how fake news works?

I agree…I still cant wrap my head around people believing his nonsense, I want to ask them, “would you buy a used car from him?” It would be a bait and switch like most of what he says and does.
I think the MSM media has been too soft on him, for fear of being of being called an angry mob, or enemies of the people etc. A media outlet that just speaks in facts about his presidency can end up looking like a crazy rumour site, as his bullshit is so over the top.

Someone like Samantha Bee uses current events to poke fun at people like Trump. It is, after all, so easy. FOX news or say, NEWSMAX, are clearly and deliberately biased and want to blame everything bad on liberals and other (any) neutral news outlets for stirring the extremists among us to become more extreme and, say, kill people. Despite the fact that mass murderers admit they were encouraged by Trump and his minions, Trump still blames everyone but the blatantly prejudiced news organizations like FOX (whose own reporters have admitted they were told what to say and how to say it).

It’s a hallmark of religious belief that those beliefs are unfalsifiable:

https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/tools/lp/Bo/LogicalFallacies/178/Unfalsifiability

Thus we can see that the claim ‘Trump is treated unfairly by the mainstream media’ is a religious belief, because it is faith-based, rather than reality/fact-based. Witness your uncle’s assertion of the religious tenet ‘the proof is that there is no proof.’

Because for the religious devotee, facts don’t matter. Only faith matters.

(emphasis mine)

Any anti-Semitic attack is too many - but they have skyrocketed under Trump.
Cite.
A low of 751 in 2013 to 1986 last year, which was a 50% increase from the year before. Perhaps there is a reason for that.
Do you think the KKK and the Nazis really think Trump is strongly against them?

If you personally wrote the most comprehensive denunciation of KKK/Nazi/Fascism/White-nationalists and Trump wholeheartedly said in primetime while having animals defecate on their symbols, would that be denunciation enough?

If the answer is NO , then it does’t matter what he does ad would advise ever to issue such a denunciation.

After praising white supremacists and making racist claims on multiple occasions, a single statement probably wouldn’t do it entirely on its own, but it would be a giant step in the right direction.

It should be noted that “fake news” was coined by Democrats in the aftermath of the 2016 election to explain their loss, and Trump coopted it to attack the mainstream media in general. So Democrats stopped using the phrase, since it’s hard to compete with the bully pulplit.

:dubious:

Cite?

You should cite your own memory, but here’s one cite:

I did not ask for cite of democrats using the term.

I asked you to back you assertion that democrats coined the term after the election, and that then Trump co-opted it.

If I can find one cite of Trump saying “fake news” before the election then that annihilates your premise here.

Here’s a quick cite that I found in a few seconds.

Now, this is a bit harder to parse. Donny’s a liar, and I don’t believe much of what he says, but he claims that you are wrong, as he claims that it was he that invented the phrase.

Did you want to cite the part where it was “coined by Democrats in the aftermath of the 2016 election to explain their loss” now?

Maybe it wasn’t coined by them, but I recall hearing the term for the first time used as systematic messaging by the Democrats, from Clinton to the Daily Show to Nancy Pelosi. And then it just stopped once Trump turned it around on them.

That’s what you get for using your memory as a cite, rather than an actual cite.

Your assertion was that democrats coined the term to explain their 2016 loss. To the point that you made a post specifically for the purposes of “noting” that fact.

Was there any validity to that statement whatsoever, more than where you first recall hearing the term?