Can anyone tell me about Madison, WI?

The graduates of the UW like to stay around and work locally is what I think was being referred to. The low end wages are a bit higher than other local town’s, because their is a demand for worker’s and a city minimum wage is is only a little higher than state minimum wage. You may also wish to locate in a nearby community instead of the City of Madison. Somebody enamored by Broadway and higher entertainment venues, will find less in Madison, but not missing entirely. I don’t think Madison would be as nice a place if the UW wasn’t there. It’s managed to stay a nice town in the last decades, but the changes are there. I guess the correct term is city, but I think of it as a town. How you feel about Madison all depends on what you’re looking for. There is a little of everything, not a lot of everything.

There even was a visit from The Statue Of Liberty.
http://www.stubaker.com/madison/madcity3.html

There are a lot of ethnic celebrating cities nearby.

Gangster Octopus , I must disagree on the best burger. Plazaburgers have Dotty’s beat by a mile.

If anyone ever decides to visit Madison either for fun or scouting out for livability, PLEASE come in the spring when the grounds around the Capitol come alive. You will fall in love with the beauty of the Capital and its grounds, and what is left of the original architecture of the older buildings. Then when you’ve had your fill of Downtown, head down to State Street early on a warm Saturday evening.

Unfortunately, Joey P, you are right about the condos. Yuck.