Can someone suggest a good champagne...

You’d have to really search hard to spend $50 on a French Champagne and have it be bad. Seriously. There’s different styles, but just about anything in that price range is going to be pretty good.

My favorite is Bollinger.

[QUOTE=anu-la1979]
If you google almond champagne, a couple of options pop up.
[/QUOTE]
Be sure to point those options away from people, or serious eye injury could result.

I don’t usually like champagne but I love almond flavor; I may have to try this!

[QUOTE=Athena]
You’d have to really search hard to spend $50 on a French Champagne and have it be bad. Seriously. There’s different styles, but just about anything in that price range is going to be pretty good.
[/QUOTE]

Yes. Any French champagne in that price range will be quite good. Taittinger and Bollinger are brands I personally like that are pretty easy to find here.

Another vote for Veuve Cliquot. Bollinger’s not bad either, although I’ve never seen it in the States.

[QUOTE=Really Not All That Bright]
Another vote for Veuve Cliquot. Bollinger’s not bad either, although I’ve never seen it in the States.
[/QUOTE]

Total Wine stores have it for around $55, though the first review of it at the link isn’t so appetizing (flavors of nutskin? Ew. :stuck_out_tongue: ).

[QUOTE=Really Not All That Bright]
Another vote for Veuve Cliquot. Bollinger’s not bad either, although I’ve never seen it in the States.
[/QUOTE]

Then you haven’t looked very hard. Even in my podunk town I can get NV Veuve, Bollinger, Roederer, Pommery, Moet, Gosset, Krug, Perrier-Jouet, and a few others. All the big names are no problem; it’s when I want something out of the ordinary and boutique that I have a problem.