Can the POTUS fire the VPOTUS or cause him to be removed from office?

So as a thought experiment, what is the maximum level of shutout that a president could give to a VP?

Obviously the VP can be stripped of all authority outside of Constitutionally mandated duties.

Could the VP be completely kicked out of the West Wing and the EEOB? Can the President scrap the VP’s budget? Can the President fire all employees of the Office of the VP? Put a freeze on the hiring of new employees?

the I don’t know about staffing levels, some of that may now be mandated by law. But I don’t think Vice President had any office or staff in the White House (or the EOB) at all until maybe Kennedy (or Johnson, that is). I can’t find a cite, but I believe I read somewhere that Truman spent a lot of his time as VP hanging out in an office in the Senate, drinking with his cronies.

To clarify, you mean Andrew Jackson.

Calhoun essentially won his first term as Vice President independently of Adams, who ended up being selected over Jackson by the House of Representatives. In the next election he ran with Jackson in opposition to Adams.

The only other VP to serve under two presidents was George Clinton, who served as Jefferson’s second VP after he dumped out Aaron Burr and the first VP of Madison, dying in office.