Can we trust Democrats not to be dangerously naive about radical Islam?

I hope that you realise that you were almost responsible for an innocent Englishman choking to death on his tea, plus I had to clean the keyboard,screen and table.

You caught me totally off guard.

Yes we can! Next question.

What I don’t understand is what exactly the social problems of other countries has anything to do with Democrats and Republicans. I think the lesson here is that (other peoples’) societies are complicated and shouldn’t become pawns in our political game.

Take the Indian caste system, for example. Among educated Indians, the caste system has been eroding very fast ever since independence. There are numerous inter-caste and inter-ethnic marriages in my parents’ generation (born 1930-1960). In my generation, inter-caste and inter-ethnic marriages are so common that it’s no more than an amiable joke – like friendly banter between related Irish-American and Italian-American families.

Caste problems continue to exist amongst the poor and in rural areas, but it’s really an issue of political and economic power, not some unique issue on its own that would go away only if people forgot about caste labels.

And, by the way, the Indian government’s “affirmative action” program is far more extensive than the United States has ever seen. A huge percentage of university seats and government jobs is reserved for “Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes.”

Because we think we have the right and the ability to run the world. Regardless of the world’s opinion in the matter, or how much damage we do in the process of trying and failing.

Hmmm looking at the replies, Astro has not seen fit to defend his original post in any of them…

He must be a witch! Burn him!