Car repair question

Good work. They must have really not wanted to deal with you anymore.

The vast majority of that charge was to change the wheel bearing,unless you want to drive it till the wheel falls off then there is really have no reason for complaint.

In case you wondering why the stud broke its probably cause you cross threaded it changing the spare and breaking it is the only way to get it off again.

So, you’re even a dick when you win. Everyone here was giving you free advice, but they still get crap.

So what happened? Did you get around to threatening them (did you really take papers with you)? Or did they offer to refund money when you told them about it?

Taking everything at face value here I have to agree with Bijou…
If I pulled into a car shop with my spare tire on and a flat tire in the trunk and asked them to fix in (new tire or plug the old one) and came back to a $400 charge for a wheel bearing, I’d be livid.

Sounds to me like the split the difference, brings the total down to $250, still a lot for blowing a tire, but a little better and I wouldn’t return to a shop that pulled that. I don’t know what Bijou’s skills are but, on the one hand, I would certainly have a shop plug (or mount a tire on a rim), but on a '99, I might replace my own wheel bearing (depending on the type) if it was nice out.
Thing is, they never gave him the choice. The told him the needed to replace the stud. Like he said, a new stud should be a few dollars, some labor to pound it out, I could even live with a minimum shop charge. Call the entire job $100 plus parts. But walking back into a new wheel bearing, that you didn’t know about, I’d be pissed. I can excuse him for being angry and jumping the gun on disputing the charge or running the court house before he had a chance to calm down.

Blood runs true I guess.

Yes you were.

Your ship of credibility is now somewhere in the Marianas Trench. I was going to post something that might be useful but you’re on your own now.

never mentioned court , they agreed they screwed up with not telling me in advance.

BTW, many local rednecks are quite proud of the fact they quit school early. They look down on “college boys” like me.

This is a warning for insulting someone outside of the Pit, something you should know not to do by now (not to mention, there’s a thread in the Pit going on right now about this thread that you could have made your post in instead of this one).

Don’t insult others outside of the Pit.

Sorry – I thought I was in the Pit. I was posting to the Pit thread, and didn’t realize it linked to a thread that was outside the Pit.

I apologize. I do know the board rules, and had no idea I broke one (a very well-known one).

And, Bijou Drains, if I’d known I was in a different forum, I would’ve been more polite.