Cat barfing...how much is too much?

I never had a barfer one among any of my four previous cats. Our current Maine Coon though, she barfs aplenty. It’s a bizarre presentation too. She’ll toss out a couple of audible “Hugga Huggas” and then lay a rope. It’s like someone pulling a tablecloth out from beneath a set table though. She doesn’t projectile barf, it’s more like she backs up from where she was standing while her mouth is open, and the puke then falls in situ to the floor.

Cats puke. That’s like one of their main talents, really. I don’t worry about my guys unless they are puking bile, and off their feed. (In #1 cat with diagonosed megacolon that means an obstruction.) My standards of floor cleanliness have dropped significantly with each cat addition to the household.

If it’s heavy hairball season, I may do a round of brushing, but two of them hate the brush passionately. The Petromalt and other hairball products just seem to make the hairballs moister.

Bulemia pukes from the anxious eaters have nearly stopped completely since we’ve gone to scheduled feeding times with everyone in a secure place of their own. When no one feels their food is threatened, no one feels they have to binge.

The only serial puker I have is Cuervo - who was delicate as a kid, being abandoned and taken in when he was barely three weeks old. He does this loud horking noise and leaves the pile. Usually closely after he’s eaten and it’s mostly fresh looking food. If we don’t get to it fast enough the baby Maine Coon mix will just eat most of it back up - kind of cat puke recycling.

I mentioned it to Doc Heather who said 2-3 times a week isn’t a big deal, so we quit worrying. And he’s polite, he never does it on carpet, only on the make-believe hardwood, so it’s an easy clean up.

Oh Lord! I about peed my pants laughing while reading this, I’m sure you didn’t intend it to be funny (did you?), but oh heavens it sure hit me that way!

I’ve sorta got mine trained to hurl on the wood floor but I lost a rug to a Wal Mart snack that had dye in it. Beware the little orange milk carton of cat treats.