Cats love fish

Well, why do you think cats domesticated humans in the first place? So they (the cats) could be fed fish on a regular basis!

Just for the record, the Fisher is not related to cats: it’s an overgrown ferret or undergrown wolverine. It also doesn’t really eat fish in the wild.

My cats must not be right in the head. None of them like fish flavored anything on its own, but put it in cat food and it’s just fine.

Interesting thread BTW!

I know somebody who refuses to buy any cat food that has beef or veal “because it’s not something a cat could kill and eat on its own”.

No, this is a cat-thing. Looks just like a tabby cat.

I think they were referring to the Fishing Cat, which is indeed a cat.

I have several cats and the majority do go wild and swarm when I eat fish and try to get some however I think the food they all seem to love the most is indeed chicken.

See my previous post above. “Fisher cat” is ambiguous, it can be used as a synonym for “fishing cat”.

The 1930s called; they want your concept of cats back.

The comments on those pictures are great:

Something Cyrillic.

Something Cyrillic.

Something Cyrillic.

Something Cyrillic.

Something Cyrillic.

“YOU PEOPLE ARE FUCKING CRAZY!!!”

Something Cyrillic.

Something Cyrillic.

So they don’t realize cats’ll also scavenge something dead, even if they didn’t kill it?

You think that fish give off a particularly noticeable odor?

Cool! Nice to learn something new.
Which just goes to show the superiority of Latin names for organisms…

Remember that for hundreds (perhaps thousands, somebody help) of years the majority of boats would have a “ships cat.”
It was a working job, ment to keep the vermin population under control whille at sea.*
While rodents would make up part of the feline diet it seems like fish would be a natural supplement.
How many years of this visible job before humans would relate cats and fish?

*Even the Titanic had a ships cat…“Mouser.” Mouser didn’t make the voyage, however.
By dark of night she moved her kittens off the ship before it lifted anchor.

This photo seems relevent to the discussion.

For any conceivable situation, there is, or can be created, a lolcat.