Championship parade attendance:how legit?

You must be fun at parties.

I work on fourth avenue and the parade went past my office. I got to work at 6:30 AM and there were already people out with their lawn chairs on the sidewalk, holding their spot for the parade. The weather that morning? In the high 20s, low 30s. And it took me 25 minutes to get my coffee that morning (the line literally went out the door) when I’m usually the second or third person in line at that time of the morning. I think you underestimate the enthusiasm of Seattle fans.

As we could not have possibly persisted without your opinion re my take on the subject. We sure appreciate your having dropped everything to make that posting.

Read my post. I said “zero or one.” So if you can’t name a second player, you’re confirming my contention. What do I win?

I just noticed you’re new here, so maybe it’s just a matter of you not being aware of whats appropriate in the various forums.

When you want to express an opinion, especially one that is disparaging others, typically that happens over in IMHO or MPSIMS or the PIT. Over in those forums it’s expected and people may respond with the same tone.

In GQ there are certainly opinions, but usually they are relevant to the topic (e.g. “I don’t think they are able to accurately estimate crowd sizes because…”), usually they aren’t so critical of others.

Ah. Were you elected policeman by popular vote, then?

WR Bryan Walters is from Kirkland, WA - one of the east side Seattle suburbs…so that’s two.

Looked to me to be more in the nature of a friendly “FWIW, you might want to refrain from pissing on this fence since it happens to be of the electric variety” but YMMV.

I wonder how they counted. For those who haven’t been, the light rail works on an honor system - you buy a ticket to have ready if someone checks. I assure you no one was checking last Wednesday. All the people on my train who were planning to stay on when it turned around weren’t going to buy new tickets. So tickets sold would be an underestimate.

Well, and ultimately, a great many people living in the Seattle area are not technically from the area, or even PNW natives. But some former Seahawks chose to stay around. One of the more notable examples would be Manu Tuiasosopo, who finished his pro career with the Niners but returned to make Seattle home. And, of course, there is Steve Raible, the iconic voice of the Seahawks on the radio, a former WR, is from Kentucky and GA Tech.

So, the “they’re not even from Seattle” is more than kind of meaningless. “Seattleites” is not a restrictive label like “Taoseño”, one does not have to be from the area to earn it (but it is not handed out like skittles, it must be earned)

In this case I would have voted for him.

Moderator Note

Desert Dumpster, I am the cop on the beat. As RaftPeople says, your first post was not appropriate to this forum. Given that you’re new here, and have made a number of other inappropriate posts in this forum, I would suggest that you read more than post until you get a better feel for this board. You might also might pay more attention to the advice of long-term posters.

Let’s dial back on the snark and deliberately obnoxious remarks in this forum.

Colibri
General Questions Moderator