Character pairs named after real-life people.

The Tenth Doctor (as “John Smith”) says his parents were named Verity and Sydney. This is an homage to Verity Lambert and Sydney Newman, who were the original producers of the show.

On St. Elsewhere the hospital’s P.A. system was constantly paging staff members who’s names were family and friends of the production crew.

The name of the show’s creator, Bruce Paltrow, was used in multiple episodes. These days a shout out to “Dr. Gwyneth Paltrow” is an even bigger inside joke than it was in 1985.

Mr. McFeely on “Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood” was named after Mr. Rogers’ grandfather.

In the novel “Hannibal” (possibly the movie too), two police officers involved in the opening scene drug bust were named Burke and Hare (an homage to two 19th century murderers in Scotland whose crimes involved a physician).

Cameron Mitchell played the gun fighter brother of the star In HIGH CHAPARRAL.

Do bands count?

Pink Floyd. Named by Syd Barrett after bluesmen Pink Anderson and Floyd Council, if I recall correctly.

A couple of days back the name of Jonathan on Buffy slipped my mind, so I googled Andrew Warren expecting to get the third name, and there turned out to be a famous person named Andrew Warren.

Folks, many of you seem to have missed the point of the question. The OP wants to have two fictional characters named after a single real person.

Example. Disney’s version of The Hunchback of Notre Dame had characters Victor and Hugo, named after Victor Hugo who wrote the original novel. (Why they named the third gargoyle Laverne and not Marie is beyond me, but that’s a discussion for another time.)

I thought Bert and Ernie on Sesame Street came from the characters in It’s A Wonderful Life, but apparently not. Just a coincidence.

If that’s what the OP intended, he is free to return and clarify his intention. Until then, we’ll feel free to share character pairs named after two real people.

Yes, I did mean pairs of characters that are given the first and last name of a single real-life person. Just like the two examples I gave. But who am I to discourage interesting trivia just because it doesn’t fit that mold?

In the movie Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby, Ricky’s sons are named “Walker” and “Texas Ranger”.

And Elton John took his name from Elton Dean and Long John Baldrey.

Again from The Simpsons: Troy McClure’s name is a portmanteau of Troy Donahue and Doug McClure, both character actors who appeared in lots and lots of crappy movies. (When Doug McClure saw Troy’s character on the show for the first time, he reportedly said, “Are they making fun of me?”)

Much like the SCTV character Lola Heatherton, a fictional Las Vegas entertainer, based on Lola Falana and Joey Heatherton.

That’s why I’m not going to post Calvin & Hobbes.

See. I didn’t post it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Grandpa McFeely? The guy all the grandkids avoided??
mmm

Laverne is ‘the third one’ after the third Andrews Sister. (They were Patty, Maxine, and Laverne.)

Definitely not a joke that millennials would get.

Some people think he should have been John Elton.

39 posts and no one adds to the OP’s exemplar???

Leonard Leakey Hofstadter: The last name comes from Nobel Prize winner in Physics Robert Hofstadter.

Sheldon Lee Cooper: The last name comes from Nobel Prize winner in Physics Leon Cooper.

In Universe, Leonard’s middle name is in honor of Louis Leakey. But not sure if Sheldon’s middle name is a reference to such a person.