child killing

Satan said:

Now, c’mon…has any poster ever seen anyone waxing a turtle?

Regarding mixed roots: Anyone else remember the story about the fellow who, on being informed of the invention of the automobile, smiled and told his informant that it was a good joke: any such thing, he said, would have been named either “ipsomobile” or “autokineticon”.

Well,
I guess that’s what I get for getting stoned before latin

You’re tellin’ us you didn’t know that, in Latin, you were s’posta go for the roots, not the buds.

Ray (all betsacide)

Leslie MCD is quite right in the example about mixed roots - the modern Greek word for “car” is autokinito - prounouced something like “off toe keen ee toe.” However, keeping it pure does nothing for drivers in Greece, who make the French and Italians look calm, courteous, cautious and sensible.

From my handy, dandy Random House College Dictionary:

“Filicide” - n. 1. a person who kills his son or daughter. 2. the act of killing one’s son or daughter. L. fili(us) son;
(fili(a) daughter + cide. -filicidal adj.
Lisa, waiting to collect her super-duper deluxe grand prize.

Hold it!

You get a prize for looking it up after I gave you the right answer??!!!

You must work for my boss!!

Strangers have the best candy.

Scrolling up, Pluto DID have the correct answer first. DAMMIT! Hey, my buzzer wasn’t working properly!!!

However, neither of us phrased it in the form of a question, so I guess we both lose. “Soory!”

A. An acceptable, if a little odd, apology.

Q. What do you call an apology that includes the word “soory”?

Strangers have the best candy.

So what the hell’s in that “fili gumbo” anyway, y’all ???

Hey, the Latin word for ‘thread’ is ‘filum’, right (according to my English dictionary). So let’s commit filicide here.

Ray (not always dead right)

So if killing your brother is fratricide, is killing your sister sororicide or some such thing? Purely a theoretical question - I only have two brothers and no sisters …

LONESOME POLECAT

+++++++++++++
When the pin is pulled,
Mr. Grenade is no longer
our friend.