Chinese food in DC?

Or, if you’re headed south, Eden Center is an all-Vietnamese strip mall with several good restaurants (Four Sisters gets written up a lot). It’s at Seven Corners, in Falls Church, Virginia.

If you’re going to be in D.C., why don’t we set up a Dopefest for you so you can eat Chinese and meet other Dopers at the same time?

So Full Kee’s in Chinatown? I just typed “Full Kee” into the Yahoo Yellow Pages and I got some place out by Bailey’s Crossroads. Can someone confirm that it’s on H St.?

Oh, and as someone who works in the Dupont area, I’ll also vouch for City Lights. Its sister restaurant, Meiwah, is on M St., and is also really good. The eggplant in garlic sauce is almost revered at my office.

For Vietnamese, Nam-Viet on Conn. Ave. in Cleveland Park is great. I think it’s owned by the same folks that own Pho 75 in NoVA. The roasted quail is fantastic, so long as you can get over the rather ahem distinctive odor of fish oil.

Finally, to keep this Pacific Rim trip going, Sushi Taro on the east side of Dupont Circle is the best sushi I’ve had in the city. If you go as part of a group of four, you also get to even throw off your shoes and sit on pillows at a low table. The fatty tuna nigiri is mouth-watering.

I also would vouch for City Lights. Whenever I am working in the Reagan Trade Building area, I make it a point to stop for lunch at their food court for the City Lights counter.

Cool with me. If one is held during my stay (7-10 thru 7-16), I’ll be happy to drop in–but I never get involved with the planning of these things. My area has not had much success with them.

O.K., how does 6 P.M. on July 16th (a Saturday) at City Lights of China in Dupont Circle sound? Or will you have to leave before then? How are you getting to and from D.C.? Where will you be staying?

Wouldn’t you know it. Today, most of my work was in the Department of Commerce building, right across the street from the Reagan Center.

My happy tummy is still purring from my General Tso’s. :smiley:

Earl Snake-Hips Tucker, was the date and time I suggested good for you or not? I have to have a time that you’re available before I can even begin to organize the people here to come to it. I will start a MPSIMS thread when you give your O.K., but I can’t do anything till you tell me if the day and time I suggested is acceptable for you.

That’s the place.

And I’d be up for a mini-Dopefest too.

Nope. I’ll be on my way back Saturday afternoon. The best day for me, actually, is Monday.

Unfortunately, Monday isn’t the best day for me. How about Monday the 11th of July at 8:00 PM at City Lights of China? Is that too late for other people?

Earl Snake-Hips Tucker, is the time and day I suggested O.K. with you?

That’s one of its sister restaurants – the original is definitely in Chinatown.

Sorry, but I’ve been out of town. But, yes.