Christians opposed to social justice

Nothing really new from that crowd… looking at it and knowing the background of these preachers, this sounds a lot like “Y’know all those things we’ve been against all this time? That’s what kids these days are calling Intersectionality and Social Justice. And we’re telling ya we’re still against it all.” This is more along the lines of the usage of “SJW” as a putdown, redefining the phrase/notion “Social Justice” as something bad by associating it with ultraleftist bogeymen.

And they completely pervert the notion of Christian solidarity with the suffering by saying “we should weep with those who weep, but we should do no more than that, there IS no more than that”. That’s nonsense. The Prophets are all in everyone’s face about doing justice to the afflicted. Paraphrasing Jesus, he said even heathens treat their own kind kindly, his followers are called to do better than that.

Yeah, that was pretty much my take too. This is not a new position but a doubling down on an old one.

You’ll never ever guess what shows up first when I google this pastor’s name + Trump.

Didn’t he teach Sunday School at one point? I might still be a church-goer if I had encountered more people like him back when I was feeling religious.

My mother’s side of the family is very quick to tell you that they live to serve Jesus, and that they’re just following The Lord’s Plan, and that The Father is continuously blessing them. They will also occasionally make it known via Facebook that they most certainly ARE NOT feminist in any way (rude men didn’t exist before feminism, doncha know), or that their most recent facial piercing was done in such a way as to NOT support the gay agenda (apparently one side indicates orgy time, and the other side is just a fashion statement?).

Bill Maher put it more succinctly: “You’re not Christians, you’re just fans.”

At one point whenever someone wrote into Dear Abbey about her husband “a Christian man” the next sentence was how he cheated on her, stole from her and/or beat her.
Makes this atheist almost wish Christ would come back. “You go to hell, and you got hell, and you go to hell…” What a shock for these hypocrites.

:D:D:D

I’ll let your posts speak for themselves regarding what you bring to the board. Great contributions like “Who would you like to be gangbanged by?”

Why don’t you defend yourself in your Pit thread, chickenshit, so we don’t hijack this one?

It wouldn’t shock me if some of the people on the list didn’t want to be, or thought they were signing something else, like that supposed list of engineers who are professionally suspicious of 9/11.

Why would I want to offer myself up for the pile-on? To make you happy? Your own BBQ Pit posting history is to show up in threads, say something shitty yet not germane, and move on. You are what you are, so I will leave things there.

I liked the way “Tobby” the welcome devil of hell (Rowland Atkinson), deals with them:

"And finally, Christians. Christians? Ah, yes, [to the Christians]I'm sorry, I'm afraid the Jews were right."

Yeah, atheists were a bunch of nitwits. :wink:

I’ve always liked how Max von Sydow’s character in *Hannah and Her Sisters *put it:
“If Jesus came back and saw what was being done in his name, he’d never stop throwing up.”

Please, Jesus would get his ass kicked in any Republican primary. Long haired hippy spewing crap about peace, mercy, forgiveness. The dude hates the free market, wants to give everything to the poor and won’t even arm himself. Doesn’t have a wife and hangs around dudes all day, prolly likes the gays. I hear he was even born in a foreign Middle Eastern country, son of a Jew no less.

<Raises hand>

I object as well. I had naively believed that, while we disagreed on exactly what is sinful sometimes, that the people I knew as Evangelical Christians were good people. I grew up with them telling me about Jesus’s message, and I took it to heart.

It wasn’t until I saw the numbers voting for Trump that I finally woke up to figure out how many people are just horrible. There is no way someone who believed the things I was taught could have voted for that man. And then I saw the hatred they were willing to spew afterwards.

I thought it was all just an issue of falling for the Republican propaganda that they were the good guys, and not realizing the evil they stood for. But this opened my eyes.

I’m not going to assume any one person is evil, but I do think that the group as a whole is an enemy of Christ and what he teaches. And I want that enemy defeated. Those who are good but trapped within can join a real Christian group–one that actually listen to Jesus saying that you must help the poor and downtrodden lest you be denied heaven.

“Whatsoever you did to the least of these, you also did to me. Depart from me, I never knew you.”

The hypocrisy here is astounding.

What would Jesus do? Remember, driving them all out of the building with a bullwhip is on the list of options.

1 - Scumpup is an egregious little piss drizzle, who spews bile to try get the world to notice him.

2 - Anti-social justice Christians need to retire to a monastery and take vows of poverty, chastity, and service. Maybe a decade or so of self-reflection, bible study and actually helping people will pull their collective heads out of their asses.

3 - What do you know? You can Pit 2 things in one thread. Fuckwads, the lot of them.

I think you mean (((Jesus))) :slight_smile:

The Good Samaritan, the Widow with her twopence… were just a bunch of gullible morons. All that talk about charity is clearly misunderstood. What Jesus was trying to teach us is how to be better at extracting coin from others; his rage at the Temple merchants was because they weren’t charging enough commission. Really guys, I have no idea how did so many of us miss that for so long!

:smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack:^∞

Christ was down with xenophobia too. I mean, yeah, he did that story about the Good Samaritan, but the point of that story is obviously that while that one *specific *guy was sort of all right Samaritans are a bunch of cunts, generally speaking. I believe the full context of that parable is that he was saying one of his best friends was a Samaritan.