Christina AGUILERA - you don't rate a one-name moniker

I’ve done that before, and have had someone else get a post in before me. Then I have to go back and edit my post to let people know who I was responding to. Quoting what I’m responding to keeps that from happening.

You just did it again! Argh!

It’s annoying as fuck isn’t it Lad?

On topic: John > John.

Whitney who?

On all her albums and singles, she’s officially credited as “Beyoncé” (except, I think, for some early featured appearances, when she used her last name), and when acting, she’s “Beyoncé Knowles”. Maybe she thinks having a last name makes her a more credible actress?

Sorry.

I wouldn’t worry. I do the same thing, for the same reasons; my only suggestion would be to cut the wall-o-text quote down to a sentence or two that expresses what, in particular, you’re responding to.

Good idea.

Elton is a good one.

Though if he’d kept his real name, Reginald probably would’ve been unique enough to work as well.

Yes, but his last name is so short, there’s no reason to reduce. Heck, you can say the guy’s name in two syllables if you soften the T, like people often do.

As for Aguilerra–what always bothered me more is that her name is pronounced oddly. Why in the world does the I become silent, and the U become an American “you”?

Still, it’s unique, so she should go by that if she wants a one-name moniker.

Then again, I still don’t think Lindsay Lohan deserves a single name. Stupid tabloids.

Which other Christinas are you confusing her with?

In my experience those outside of her fanbase/those who aren’t tabloid junkies can’t even spell her first name properly (I always see Lindsey, Lyndsay, Lyndsey, Lynndhsie) (okay maybe not that last one), let alone refer to her by it exclusively. Anyway, it’s not really a matter of “deserve”, it’s just who’s the most famous right now with a name not shared with any comparable celebrities.

Hey, I didn’t know Frank was a musician!

Agreed that Ms. Aguilera isn’t single-name, but yeah, some of the examples in the OP aren’t either - or the single name is not the firstname. If I hear “Sinatra”, I’m not going to think “Nancy”, but if I hear “Frank”, I’ll ask “Frank, which one?”

Stallone.

Only one R. Aguilera. And who pronounces it without the L?

That’s just what I was going to say. I think that she’s supremely talented, very hot and has the claim on “Christina”. If you don’t agree, just google “Christina”.

Could be worse. Could be Mariah. At least we don’t know Christina Aguilera can’t act.

Who are other Franks that are famous singers?

Frank Stallone. Huh, I see **GuanoLad **beat me and the question positor to it.

I’ve heard the name, but am not familiar with his work. According to Wikipedia…

I’m going to have to look that up on Youtube, because the name of that song doesn’t sound familiar.