Chronos, why can't we talk about race in a thread about police?

My initial reaction was “good warning” but after going back to the thread and viewing the clip I’m not so sure.

The OP ends with

Basically it looks like the OP is asking if the combination of running and acting is illegal. So to me questions of race, age, gender and all come into play. Let’s face it, if some old white guy like me is doing it a cops first reaction is probably going to be looking for the axe-murderer chasing me. If its a young black man I am not so sure. Same basic scenario if its a woman instead of me. Her and the cop will ask what’s up; a young man and my bet is the cop will do a pat-down and cuffs and then ask the follow-up questions.

Setting aside just how it was raised I offer as well that a more CS-type response was offered in the post above ** DCnDC **. So I’m just not sure the original comment by Chronos was on target. I’m also not sure that this isn’t a case where the thread should have been bumped to IMHO or elsewhere rather than trying to force it into GQ form/responses. Like most people said the true answer is “it depends” and in this case it depends on too many different things for a fully factual response.

From that point on — call it “fruit of the poisoned tree” and scale back the warnings from it.