Citrus eating dog

Like everyone has already mentioned a dog will eat ANYTHING. Word to the wise. Never but never feed a dog raw sugar cane. Unless your into cleaning:smack:

If you don’t like that sort of cleaning, feed your dog the same old dog food day after day, and nothing else.

I’m always amazed at how good my Golden is at spitting out pits. When I first started pilling him, wrapping the pill /w peanut butter, after three seconds the glistening pill would wind up on the floor. I finally got good at it by placing the pill halfway down his gullet.
BTW, whenever I eat a banana, I politely offer a sniff to him so he, like the dog of a poster upstream, can be totally unimpressed.

I didn’t realize onions were toxic to dogs and I appreciate the info. After some quick research, I see onions in sufficient quantity will harm dogs so thankfully my dog was only getting one piece of onion a week about the size on a thumbnail. I usually tossed her a small slice while making a salad. I’ll stick to the carrots.

Thanks again!

Onions and garlic and any other related bulb.

They’re much more toxic to cats, but can also affect dogs.
As a PSA, this is the ASPCA’s poison control webpage. Good thorough information on foods to avoid. If you do not agree with their other politics, at least take the time to look over their lists of poisons, toxins, harmful products.

I had a cat once that really liked cantaloupe. He’d swat your hand to get you to give him some.

My dog adores carrots and apples, and enjoys watermelon occasionally. My dog growing up loved grapes and we fed a lot to her. We didn’t know they were dangerous, but she did live to be 11, so they can’t have hurt her too much.

It is only in resent years people learned the dangers of grapes and raisins. I fed my dog grapes sometimes in the 70’s and he lived to be 13. It seems some dogs are much more sensitive than others. My rule is that if it doesn’t come out of a dog food bag, my dog will get along without it.

Isn’t this the God-honest truth!

I had a dog and I would shove a pill and half a pack of hot dogs, just keep shoving the hot dog in the dogs mouth, one after the other, to get the pill down. He then be all happy and grinning and calmly walk into the next room and spit out the pill.

HOW he did that I never could tell.