"Civil disobedience" on the SD

Tell you the truth, I’m not really sure what the moderators are troubled by, or what they might be discussing. I had the impression from What Exit? that “civil disobedience” wasn’t as much the issue as a “call to action” was, and I tried to clarlify that I was in no way calling for anyone to take action but rather to discuss which possible actions might be most effective and least effective, but apparently I was mistaken, and “civil disobedience” was more crucial than I’d inferred, and that there was no meaningful distinction drawn between “crimes where the aim was to evade punishment under the law” and “crimes committed where the aim was to suffer public punishment by the law.” It’s pretty easy to erase all allusions from my posts to “civil disobedience,” as that’s only one small fragment of the acts I was wondering about–I mentioned boycotts, of businesses, and products, and No-Abortion states, and wondered in another thread about the availability of abortion-inducing pills, which was the main topic of last night’s Rachel Maddow Show–but I’ve had so many threads closed down lately that I decided to take a break from further clarifying my rather open-ended thoughts, pending some more clarity from the Mods on what may and may not be discussed, and how. In other words, yes, speculation. I don’t know that I’ve done anything other than speculate about what’s possible towards the aim of effectively resisting this horrendous SC decision.

We all understand the distinction. But it’s not a distinction that matters to the rules of this message board.