Clarification of SDMB rule against calls to action

Okay, so a while ago I started this thread with the specific intent of asking more politically savvy Dopers for advice on which Democratic races my wife and I might help out to achieve the greatest impact.

As it happens, most of the discussion focused on non-political issues, and we have since found volunteer opportunities we are happy with, but would those posters who mentioned specific candidates in response to my OP be in violation of this rule?

Is advocating support in any form for a specific candidate now verboten? Or only marches, protests, etc.?

You mentioned specificity is the key, apparently with respect to individuals, but what forms of “specific action” fall afoul of the rule? I get that “Let’s go down to Congressman X’s house at 123 Main Street tonight and string him up,” would be beyond the pale.

But am I allowed to post, “I urge my fellow voters to vote for candidate X”? Or “Vote for party X”?

You also mentioned charitable causes. I can’t say, “Please support [charity name here]”? Really?!?

We need more clarity about what this rule is intended to prevent and allow.