Clarification requested : "As a political group, Christians are sneaky, hypocritical, and dishonest."

The comment under discussion was repulsive, and the half-hearted non-apologies, clarifications and qualifications that followed really didn’t help.

I agree completely with those who commented that had the same remark been made about other religious groups, it would not have been tolerated at all.

I’ll also point out that the first mod note in the thread wasn’t in response to the comment, it actually defended the comment and “explaining” it in such a way as to de-claw it (here).

Seems to me that defense or qualification of the comment should have been left up to the poster.

And then a different mod merely offered “guidance” to the author of the comment, but then backed off even that.

And then that mod noted another poster, directing that poster to stop commenting about TriPolar’s post, and defended TriPolar in that mod note.

Astounding. I’m not surprised that I’m not the only one to point out that this would not have been tolerated had it been about, say, Jews. Or Muslims.