Clean clothes on not clean body, or vice versa?

Thank you. Two months in a homeless shelter with communal showers will teach you a few tricks.

It’s 80 degrees (~27C) today where I am. I’d skip the clothes altogether and wear my towel there and back if there are people around.

Wear towel both ways. The other two options would never have occured to me.

Well, since everybody already brought up the obvious answer (you walk there and back naked, or if you’re feeling hoity-toity, in the towel), how’s this for a lucidly described alternative?

1. While wearing them, liberally soak your dirty clothes in lighter fluid.
  2. While singing loudly at the top of your lungs, do a striptease on your way to the shower, pulling off items of dirty clothing one by one and lighting them.
  3. With forethought and good timing, you arrive at the shower just as you set fire to your last item of clothing.
  4. The dilemma has been resolved! There is no possible combination of dirty clothes and personal cleanliness to trouble you any more. Appreciative other campers may now elect to donate to your performance fund, or call the fire marshall on you, depending on the time of day and number of beers they’ve had so far.

This. Actually, I’d probably go both directions in nothing but my used pants (which wouldn’t be all that dirty from a day of moderate activity).

I’m not going to get dirty from the insides of my pants after showering, but I don’t want to get my clean clothes all grungy with my sweat before I put them on.

I do this every day. I go to the gym after work, then shower and change back into the clothes I’ve worn all day. Not really “dirty” but not fresh off the hanger either.

I’d wrap the towel around myself for the walk to the shower, then dress afterward.

It’s easier for a dirty body to make your clothes dirty than the other way around. So keeping dirty clothes makes more sense. That said, I’ll want to wear the minimum amount of clothing I can get away with. All towel is an option if it’s warm enough. If it’s not, then I probably have a jacket or coat I could add, and possible some jeans or other pants that don’t get all that dirty.

Option 2: I have an extra bit of clothing I only wear to the shower. I replace it with clean clothes.

In both, I put deodorant on before I go, and after I get back. (If I could bring it with me, I still put some on before I go. Getting deodorant smell on clothes is better than body odor.)