Comfort films.

If I hadn’t read them first, I’d be listing at least one from almost everybody else’s:

Here are a few I don’t remember seeing:

French Lesson (this was a little independent flick that aired on HBO when I was a in high school (80s). I recorded it on VHS and have seen it a thousand times, but alas…it no longer exists in the world. It’s not even on IMDB.)

Waking Ned Devine

French Kiss

Rear Window (original with Jimmy Stewart)

Pillow Talk

Lost in Translation

Office Space

Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner

Juno

Any of my favorite films are my comfort films, really. But the quintessential are:

Back to the Future (all of them, but mostly the original)
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
2001: A Space Odyssey
Lord of the Rings (all of them)
The Big Lebowski
127 Hours

Turn any of those on, and I’ll just nestle right into the couch.

I throw in Lost in Translation and just mellow out to the rythms of that movie. It’s a great move to just shut your brain off and watch the pretty colors, especialy Tokyo at night

The Mirkin years? Everybody was wearing fake pubic hair? I had no idea! Seriously, what are “the Mirkin years”?

To the OP:

Slave Girls From Beyond Infinity
Thor and the Amazon Women
Deathstalker
Amazon Queen

always fun!

This… and Trainspotting.

Ditto.
Have it saved on my DVR and whenever I just want to “zone out”, will turn it on and relax.
Also my choice to watch when feeling ill. Just pull the covers up while flat on the couch and concentrate on the movie - which helps take my mind off the flu or whatever…
Something about that film that each scene is almost like its own special moment, so don’t even need to watch the film from beginning to end anymore.

Most of mine have already been mentioned. In my family, we endlessly talk about the movies that you have to watch to the end when you randomly flip to them on TV. In my head, I have a category of comfort movies, which largely overlaps the previous category, but is elevated in that I will select the disc to watch when I’m home alone and needing some familiarity.

I don’t think these have been mentioned yet:
*Foul Play
Singing in the Rain *

Sorry if I missed previous cites. Good call on Pillow Talk, wonder lust.

Good one. Don’t forget Seems Like Old Times

Back to the Future. All three.