Console owners - XB360 or PS3?

Yeah, it definitely is my friend… I just wish it were faster. :o CoD and Halo have made it super-quick to select and mute people from in-game, but there are still plenty of smaller games where you have to bring out the Dashboard blade, select over to Recent Players, find the offending player, select their profile, then hit the mute button - each step with a second or so lag, depending on what else is going on. Makes articles like this quite intriguing.

Eh, true. You still see the occasional surprising port, like Dynasty Warriors 6, but for the most part it’s easy-to-release games and casual stuff. I wouldn’t be all that shocked to see a late release of Madden 2011 for the system, either, even after the original IPs have all moved on.

It wouldn’t shock me, the last game for the PS1 was a release of FIFA 2005 over four years after the PS2 was released.

Thanks for all the info everyone. Like I said, I don’t see myself doing much (if any) online gaming - I don’t do it on my PC so I don’t see why I’d start on a console. Several of the games that I’m interested in which aren’t available on the PS3 (basically some of the MS titles) are readily (and cheaply) available on the PC which is where I’d be playing FPS anyhow. Having a nice BluRay & upconverting DVD player is a bonus, I’d certainly use that (it’d replace my old 1st-gen Toshiba DVD player). On the hardware side it appears that Sony has some advantages (simple to swap out hard drive, quieter, XBOX360 had the infamous RROD issue).

Frankly they both sound like good systems, just for what I envision doing the PS3 is looking a bit more attractive.

The wireless adapter for xbox360 is a hundred bucks. Add that on to whatever calculations you’re doing to see if it’s worth it. That alone is the biggest let down in comparing the two systems.

That said, I own a 350 but not a ps3, and I’m damned happy about it. The xbox exclusive titles are much better than the ps3 exclusives.