Controversial encounters between law-enforcement and civilians - the omnibus thread #2

To be fair, a Trumpist wouldn’t confine such bad faith debate to the Pit.

How is it ‘bad faith’?

https://www.google.com/search?q=bad+faith&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS705US705&oq=bad+faith&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i59l2j69i60j69i65j69i60l3.1485j0j9&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

You want us to believe that this officer had enough of an understanding of this individuals pattern of disobeying lawful requests that he was justified in arresting him even though he committed no crime, then it would be on you to at least point to what video we should be looking at, and it would be even better faith on your part to give us a time that this event occurred.

Too late to edit:

There would still be a stretch to the fact that “you bet” that the cop was aware of this pattern, and further still that a pattern of such behavior warrants an arrest whenever a cop feels like it.

But at least it would be a start.

Right, he was arrested just because a cop felt like it. He just happened to be standing by that electrical tower innocently filming birds when this all went down, a total coincidence.

That’s, IMHO, like asking for the specific word in the cited sentences and paragraphs that prove that Trump is a racist.
To observe a pattern of behavior you gotta observe someone’s behavior.
But for some reason, no one wants to watch those videos and find out what kinda guy this is.

Are you suggesting that he was responsible for the guy threatening to jump? Who cares why he was there as long as he was there legally?

You made the claim, you do the work.

No, I’m not even suggesting, he clearly states at the beginning of the video he was listening to police calls and is there for some purpose (Which, according to what he says to the first officer, is simply because it’s a protected activity.)

If only I could watch the videos for you . . . alas.

If only you could link to a specific video that is evidence of your point …

Yes, a specific video that shows a pattern of behavior.

A specific pattern of behavior that’s not illegal. I don’t care if the guy is present, video taping each and every police call. If he is not breaking the law, leave him and his video camera alone!

What law did he break?

No, he was on public property, filming public servants at their jobs.

No, it would be like asking for a specific word or sentence that proves that Trump broke a law.

You said he had a pattern of breaking the law. I’m just asking you to point to one example of this. Just one. (More would be better for establishing a pattern, but baby steps here.)

For some reason, no one wants to do your homework.

You say he’s an asshole, I’ll take your word for it, probably is. But you also say that he’s breaking laws, for that, I’m gonna need a cite.

Do you think that the people that videoed George Floyd’s death should have been told to stop filming and go away? Should they have been arrested if they refused?

All I ever said was he was an asshole and when given the grounds cops that know him are very likely, based on that, to see the grounds for the typical ‘this guy needs arresting’ arrest that others don’t.
See: Disorderly Conduct, Interference, Failure to Follow Lawful Orders.

If this guy wasn’t ‘I’m looking for excuses to give people with authority shit’ I’d agree. But he isn’t, so I don’t.

Please stop acting like this guy is actually doing a public service. He’s poking at cops trying to provoke a reaction he can then monetize for his own benefit.

The police, who have been asked by the municipality to try and stop a guy from killing himself, are instead trying to manage this asshole’s behavior, because that’s what he chooses to do with his life. Insert himself into police responses to see if he can fuck with them enough to get a bad ($$$$) reaction.

I’ll save my concern for those not actively trying to harass the police into a money making opportunity, thankyouverymuch.

This was a controversial encounter between law-enforcement and a civilian, because it’s what the civilian wanted.
I’m happy he got what he wanted.

What would’ve happened if the cops never approached this guy at all? I bet the police chief would still have a job. And we wouldn’t be discussing this.

All you did was make shit up and start running your fucking mouth.

What did I make up?